1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

2-Dimensional motion query

1. Jul 28, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data:
    Question 1: A body is projected with speed u at an angle theta with the horizontal. Find the change in velocity in time t.

Question 2: A body is projected with speed u at an angle theta with the horizontal. Find the speed of body at a height h.

Both the questions are somehow related and that's why I've included both question in one thread.

2. Relevant equations: Equations from 2-D Kinematics and vector and maybe some calculus.

3. The attempt at a solution:
    I tried to use dv/dt but I'm not able to figure out that to what quantity/value should it be equal. And it's throwing me off :/

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 28, 2015 #2
    You really don't need to use calculus here. Can you try and set up the kinematics for it?

4. Jul 28, 2015 #3
    hmm..Tried using kinematics equations but that landed me no where. Can you please show me that how will it be done?

5. Jul 28, 2015 #4
    Can you show your work?

6. Jul 28, 2015 #5
    I don't have a camera right now and the laptop's camera isn't that good (it captued everything pixelated).

7. Jul 28, 2015 #6

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

You should not be trying to post images of your own algebra. That's for pages from books and diagrams. Take the trouble to type your working into a post, preferably using LaTeX.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted