Projectile Motion: Finding Velocity and Speed with 2-D Kinematics and Calculus

In summary, the conversation discusses two related questions about a body being projected at an angle with a given velocity and finding its change in velocity and speed at a given height. The use of 2-D kinematics equations and vectors is suggested, and the poster is advised to type out their working instead of posting images.
dahano

Homework Statement

:
Question 1: A body is projected with speed u at an angle theta with the horizontal. Find the change in velocity in time t.

Question 2: A body is projected with speed u at an angle theta with the horizontal. Find the speed of body at a height h.

Both the questions are somehow related and that's why I've included both question in one thread.[/B]

Homework Equations

: Equations from 2-D Kinematics and vector and maybe some calculus.[/B]

The Attempt at a Solution

:
I tried to use dv/dt but I'm not able to figure out that to what quantity/value should it be equal. And it's throwing me off :/

[/B]

Physics news on Phys.org
You really don't need to use calculus here. Can you try and set up the kinematics for it?

paisiello2 said:
You really don't need to use calculus here. Can you try and set up the kinematics for it?
hmm..Tried using kinematics equations but that landed me no where. Can you please show me that how will it be done?

Can you show your work?

paisiello2 said:
Can you show your work?
I don't have a camera right now and the laptop's camera isn't that good (it captued everything pixelated).

dahano said:
I don't have a camera right now and the laptop's camera isn't that good (it captued everything pixelated).
You should not be trying to post images of your own algebra. That's for pages from books and diagrams. Take the trouble to type your working into a post, preferably using LaTeX.

What is 2-Dimensional Motion?

2-Dimensional motion refers to the movement of an object along two perpendicular axes, typically the x and y axes. This type of motion can be described using vectors and involves both velocity and acceleration components in both directions.

What is the difference between 1-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional Motion?

The main difference between 1-Dimensional and 2-Dimensional motion is the number of axes involved. 1-Dimensional motion only involves movement along a single axis, whereas 2-Dimensional motion involves movement along two perpendicular axes.

How is 2-Dimensional Motion represented mathematically?

In mathematics, 2-Dimensional motion is typically represented using vector notation, where the position, velocity, and acceleration of an object are described using both magnitude and direction. This is often denoted as (x,y) or (x,y,z) for three-dimensional motion.

What is Projectile Motion?

Projectile motion is a type of 2-Dimensional motion in which an object is launched at an angle and moves through the air under the influence of gravity. This type of motion is often seen in sports, such as throwing a ball or shooting a basketball.

How is 2-Dimensional Motion used in real life?

2-Dimensional motion is used in many real-life applications, such as in sports, engineering, and physics. For example, it is used to calculate the trajectory of a projectile, the motion of a vehicle on a curved path, or the movement of a satellite in orbit around the Earth.