Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

A Compilation of action of various reducing and oxidising agents in organic chemistry

1. Oct 23, 2008 #1
    I would be glad if someone compiled a list or atleast provide the link for the actions of various oxidizing and reducing agents like LAH, BAH, hydrogen, potassium permanganate etc. and on the various functional groups. This will be very useful to any organic aficionado and I will be very happy if you even included specific groups the reagent would leave untouched. If each person does it for one reagent, then I guess we will have a huge list in no time.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 24, 2008 #2

chemisttree

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: A Compilation of action of various reducing and oxidising agents in organic chemi

S'been done..

"Handbood of Reagents for Organic Synthesis: Oxidizing and Reducing Agents," S. Burke, ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 1999, 564 pp.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?