A very simple integration question.

• Thread starter howsockgothap
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integration
In summary, integration is a mathematical process used to find the area under a curve in a given interval. It is important because it allows us to solve problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. There are two types of integration: definite, which finds the exact value of the integral within a given interval, and indefinite, which finds the general antiderivative of a function. The fundamental theorem of calculus states that integration and differentiation are inverse operations. Applications of integration include calculating areas, volumes, and centers of mass, as well as solving optimization problems and differential equations in different fields of science and engineering.
howsockgothap

Homework Statement

Find the integral of (9x-4)/(6x5)dx

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Well I had a suggestion from someone to split the numerator but the response I got using that method was not right at all. I also tried letting u=6x5 and finding du (x6). But then I was unsure of how to use that in order to find the integral.

Physics news on Phys.org
Split the numerator and simplify each fraction. It works fine.

FAQ: A very simple integration question.

What is integration?

Integration is a mathematical process that involves finding the area under a curve in a given interval.

Why is integration important?

Integration is important because it allows us to solve a wide range of problems in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

What is the difference between definite and indefinite integration?

Definite integration involves finding the exact value of the integral within a given interval, while indefinite integration involves finding the general antiderivative of a function.

What is the fundamental theorem of calculus?

The fundamental theorem of calculus states that integration and differentiation are inverse operations of each other.

What are some applications of integration?

Integration is used to calculate areas, volumes, and centers of mass, as well as to solve optimization problems and differential equations in various fields of science and engineering.