1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing Acing the Math GRE Subject test?

Tags:
  1. Mar 18, 2012 #1
    OK, so I have a solid year+ to prepare for the math GRE subject test. It's pretty intimidating because I don't know where to begin studying. Does anyone know of a good game plan to approach this test with?

If you've taken the test, please share how you prepped for it.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2012 #2
    Yes, read every math book from 11th grade until now. :)

Seriously, I bought the Princeton Review Book. I'm taking it in October (or Nov, whichever it is). Its a pretty decent book. And I'd guess taking a bunch of practice exams is a good idea as well. A lot of the stuff on the exam is like "Here's a problem there is a simple way to do it that requires some bit of cleverness or a really hard, but hack-ish way to do it." So, it seems that doing practice problems is really important.

But, I'm wondering the same thing as you are.

4. Mar 18, 2012 #3
    I didn't take it so take my advice with a grain of salt but... I did a practice exam and spoke to many friends about it and, if you did pure math, brush up on your computational calculus, linear algebra and differential equations.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook