Buy High Voltage Electron Guns Up to 40kV - Expert Advice

In summary, the conversation is about someone seeking advice on where to buy high voltage electron guns up to 40kV. One person suggests buying a TV tube and removing the gun, while another recommends a specific company that sells 1-100 keV guns. The original person expresses interest in the cheaper option.
strokebow
Hi folks,

In need of some advice.

Can anyone recommend any companies selling high voltage electron guns up to 40kV?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
I should have thought the cheapest way to go about getting an electron gun would be to buy a TV tube (even a scrap one) and remove the gun from it. If you are after an electron gun, it must be assumed that you have a high vacuum manufacturing facility for mounting it in whatever electron beam tube you are planning to make. Are you sure this is what you want?

Saw an ad for 1-100 keV guns in last month's physics world mag... let me dig it out

http://www.kimballphysics.com/

can't personally recommend it but it rang a bell so I thought I'd post it

MikeyW said:
Saw an ad for 1-100 keV guns in last month's physics world mag... let me dig it out

http://www.kimballphysics.com/

can't personally recommend it but it rang a bell so I thought I'd post it

Looks like well expensive pieces of kit. I was thinking of the 'crud end of the market' solution!

Haha! Thanks very much for your help guys.

I was thinking the crud end of the market too but its good info to know. thanks for that.

1. What is the maximum voltage for the high voltage electron guns?

The maximum voltage for these electron guns is 40kV.

2. Are these electron guns suitable for all types of experiments?

Yes, these high voltage electron guns can be used for a variety of experiments and applications, including electron microscopy and particle acceleration.

3. Do I need any special training to operate these electron guns?

Yes, it is important to have proper training and knowledge of high voltage equipment before operating these electron guns. It is also recommended to follow all safety protocols and guidelines.

4. Can I adjust the beam intensity of these electron guns?

Yes, these electron guns have adjustable beam intensity settings, allowing for precise control of the electron beam.

5. How long does it take to receive the electron gun after purchasing?

The delivery time for these electron guns may vary depending on location and shipping method, but typically it takes 2-3 weeks for delivery.