Al Kader has infiltrated the Shriners

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the Al Kader Shriners, a charitable organization that has been the target of jokes due to their name sounding similar to Al Qaeda. The conversation also delves into the Shriners' activities and reputation, with some questioning their true intentions and others defending them. The conversation also references a scene from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, where a man with the same name as a conspirator is mistaken for being part of the plot.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Welcome to Al Kader Shriners
http://www.alkadershriners.org/

:rofl: How unfortunate!

That's almost as bad as having a guy named Hussein run for President!

Physics news on Phys.org
They were funny hats, have orientalism at their core, have secret rituals and agendas, and rumor has it, they've developed miniaturized funny cars of mass destruction.

Plus, despite their attempts to portray themselves as goody-goodies raising money for the treatment of thousands of sick children world-wide, completely free of charge, we know of their very real links to both the Masons and, more insidiously, the International Order of Clowns.

What do they have brewing under those fuzzy fezs of theirs...?

The Shriners are a rather self-policing, as well as patriotic group, pickled with good-hearted ex-members of the military. As one, and as one who was a lifeguard for a few years and a summer camp counselor, I know exactly where they're coming from. They're like the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candy_Bomber" who gave thousands of Berlin children hope.

That's what they do - They give children hope.

Let them police their own! They'll do fine.

As for the OP and the #2 response, What the heckles? Sounds like a Shriner's party for disabled kids!

This has GOT to be a spoof, right?

I'm not a Shriner, but I've known both many shriners since the 70s (neighbors), as well as a few children whom their efforts have helped save throughout the years.

Your post is both cryptic and puzzling, Ivan Seeking. What is your beef with the Shriners?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Ivan has a beef with the Shriners.

I think is making fun of the fact that Al Kader probably sounds like Al Qaida to some people, depending on how it is pronounced.

Astronuc said:

I think is making fun of the fact that Al Kader probably sounds like Al Qaida to some people, depending on how it is pronounced.

Yes. It is just the play on the name that I found amusing. However, I find

pickled with good-hearted ex-members of the military

to be downright quotable!

Astronuc said:

Julius Caesar said:
CINNA THE POET: I am Cinna the poet, I am Cinna the poet!
Fourth Citizen: Tear him for his bad verses, tear him for his bad verses!
CINNA THE POET: I am not Cinna the conspirator.
Fourth Citizen: It is no matter, his name's Cinna; pluck but his
name out of his heart, and turn him going.
http://www.shakespeare-literature.com/Julius_Caesar/10.html

...And I should probably work on my delivery, since I'd thought I was completely transparent in my satire!

1. What is Al Kader and the Shriners?

Al Kader is a branch of the Shriners International fraternity, which is a philanthropic organization for men who are also members of the Masonic fraternity.

2. How has Al Kader infiltrated the Shriners?

There is no evidence to suggest that Al Kader has infiltrated the Shriners. The two organizations have a shared history and many members may belong to both, but there is no indication of any intentional infiltration.

3. What are the potential consequences of Al Kader infiltrating the Shriners?

Without any evidence of infiltration, it is difficult to speculate on potential consequences. However, if there were to be any intentional infiltration, it could potentially harm the integrity and values of the Shriners and their philanthropic work.

4. How can we prevent Al Kader from infiltrating the Shriners?

Again, there is no evidence of any intentional infiltration. As both organizations have a shared history and values, it is important for members to uphold these values and maintain the integrity of their organizations.

5. Are there any steps being taken to address the possibility of Al Kader infiltrating the Shriners?

As there is no evidence of infiltration, there are no specific steps being taken. However, both organizations have strict membership requirements and processes in place to ensure the integrity of their organizations is maintained.