Convert 1460 tons/hour to lb/sec: Solution

In summary, the formula for converting tons/hour to lb/sec is to multiply the number of tons by 2,000 and then divide by 3,600. There are 2,000 pounds in one ton. Converting tons/hour to lb/sec is important in industries such as transportation and manufacturing, where precise measurements of weight and time are necessary for efficiency and safety. You can use the formula mentioned above to convert 1460 tons/hour to lb/sec without a calculator. Simply multiply 1460 by 2,000 and then divide by 3,600 to get the equivalent in pounds per second. Yes, as long as you know the conversion factor for the specific unit of time. For example, to convert tons
Howlz
An ore loader moves 1460 tons/h from a mine to the surface. Convert this rate to lb/s, using 1 ton = 2000 lb.

Homework Equations

No Idea, I've tried the converter but the results come out wrong.

Physics news on Phys.org

Show how you proceeded.

How many seconds in 1 hour?

How many pounds of ore are in 1460 tons?

What is the formula for converting tons/hour to lb/sec?

The formula for converting tons/hour to lb/sec is to multiply the number of tons by 2,000 and then divide by 3,600.

How many pounds are in a ton?

There are 2,000 pounds in one ton.

What is the significance of converting tons/hour to lb/sec?

Converting tons/hour to lb/sec is important in industries such as transportation and manufacturing, where precise measurements of weight and time are necessary for efficiency and safety.

How can I convert 1460 tons/hour to lb/sec without a calculator?

You can use the formula mentioned above to convert 1460 tons/hour to lb/sec without a calculator. Simply multiply 1460 by 2,000 and then divide by 3,600 to get the equivalent in pounds per second.

Can I convert tons/hour to lb/sec for any unit of time?

Yes, as long as you know the conversion factor for the specific unit of time. For example, to convert tons/minute to lb/sec, you would use the conversion factor of 60 (since there are 60 seconds in one minute).