Analytic algebraic expression of serial data having random pattern

In summary, the conversation discusses a conceptual method for generating random binary data at varying rates, with the main application being for testing C4I systems. The statistical parameters characterizing the data rate are the ratio of peak value to average value, the ratio of average to variance, and the percentage of time the instantaneous value exceeds the average value. There is a need for more clarification on how the "average" and "variance" are defined in this case, and whether the data is transmitted at a constant frequency or encodes numerical values. The possibility of developing an analytical expression for the data is also mentioned, which could be used to create a model for computer communication networks. The speaker solicits comments and suggestions from other researchers on this topic.
atisdmitra
I have conceptualized a method for generating serial binary data at rates varying randomly. This concept should be able to provide data at random rates with various characteristics.The most relevant application is generation of Random sensor data for testing C4I systems (Surveillance and monitoring) before productionising .Some of the statistical parameters characterizing the random data rate are as thus:
i)Ratio of peak value & average value
ii)Ratio of average and variance
iii)Percentage of time instantaneous value exceeds the average value
Is there any possibility of evolving analytical algebraic expression of binary data having such statistical characteristics?
This expression if possible to be evolved can be used to develop an analytical model for a computer communication network for C4I systems .
Through this forum I solicit comments and suggestions of other researchers.
Atis D Mitra

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
atisdmitra said:
.Some of the statistical parameters characterizing the random data rate are as thus:
i)Ratio of peak value & average value
ii)Ratio of average and variance
iii)Percentage of time instantaneous value exceeds the average value
How do you define the "average" or "variance" for this case? You'd have to specify a length of time or say that you mean "the average over a time interval as the length of the interval approaches infinity".

You say you want to generate random data "rates". A "rate" would refer to how rapdily data is trasnmitted. The "average" of a binary stream of bits would also depend on the values that are transmitted. You haven't specified whether your "average" refers to the raw value of the bits (i.e. is the average of 011010 = 0.5 ?) or whether the data encodes numerical values (e.g. 011 = 6 ).

If the data is arriving at a constant frequency, I suggest that you look at a simple time series model, such as an "autoregressive moving average model". The statistics of such a model can be calculated analytically. However, I don't know if you can adjust i),ii) and iii) independently of each other in such a model.

1. What is an analytic algebraic expression?

An analytic algebraic expression is a mathematical representation of a relationship between two or more variables using algebraic symbols and operations. It allows for the manipulation and analysis of data to determine patterns and relationships.

2. How is serial data different from other types of data?

Serial data refers to a sequence of data points that are collected over time, such as measurements taken at regular intervals. This is different from other types of data, such as cross-sectional data, which is collected at one specific point in time.

3. What do you mean by a random pattern in serial data?

A random pattern in serial data refers to data points that do not follow a specific trend or pattern and appear to be randomly scattered. This could indicate that there is no relationship between the variables being measured or that there are other factors influencing the data.

4. How do you express serial data with a random pattern algebraically?

To express serial data with a random pattern algebraically, you can use a regression analysis to determine the equation of the line that best fits the data points. This equation can then be used as an analytic algebraic expression to represent the relationship between the variables.

5. What are the benefits of using an analytic algebraic expression for serial data with a random pattern?

An analytic algebraic expression allows for a deeper understanding of the relationship between variables in serial data with a random pattern. It also allows for the prediction and manipulation of data points, making it a valuable tool for scientific research and analysis.