What is the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x?

In summary, the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x is simply x. To find the antiderivative, you can use the substitution method or the power rule for integrals. This is because e^ln(4)x is equivalent to 4^x, which is the inverse function of log base 4. The antiderivative of log base 4 is x, so the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x must also be x. The antiderivative of e^ln(4)x is always equal to x, as long as the base of the log function is the same as the base of the exponential function.
MathNoob123

Homework Statement

what is the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Ok someone told me that the antiderivative of 4^x is e^ln(4)x. So what would be the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x? I need these antiderivatives in order to solve my homwork problems which require me to evaluate integrals. But my inability to find antiderivatives for all situations is preventing me from doing so. Any help would be very thankful to me.

Physics news on Phys.org

What is the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x?

The antiderivative of e^ln(4)x is simply x.

How do you find the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x?

To find the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x, you can use the substitution method by letting u = ln(4)x and du = 1/x dx. This will simplify the integral to just e^u, which has the antiderivative of e^u + C. Then, substitute back in u = ln(4)x to get the final answer of e^ln(4)x + C = 4x + C.

Why is the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x equal to x?

This is because e^ln(4)x is essentially the same as 4^x, which is the inverse function of log base 4. The antiderivative of log base 4 is simply x, so the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x must also be x.

Can you use another method to find the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x?

Yes, you can also use the fact that e^ln(4)x is equivalent to 4^x, and use the power rule for integrals, which states that the antiderivative of x^n is (x^(n+1))/(n+1) + C. In this case, the antiderivative of 4^x would be (4^(x+1))/(x+1) + C, which simplifies to 4x + C.

Is the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x always equal to x?

Yes, the antiderivative of e^ln(4)x is always equal to x, as long as the base of the log function is the same as the base of the exponential function, as it is in this case. Otherwise, the antiderivative would be different.