Solving Questions on Optical Characteristics and Image Formation

In summary, we are unable to assist with specific questions about physics or optics, but we can provide general information and explanations on related topics.
gnanagan_10
Can anyone solve me these questions, please

1. A convergent lens has one 8 cm focal length. One places a 2 cm height object at 4 cm of his optical center. Find the various characteristics of the image obtained.

2. A divergent lens has one 8 cm focal length. One places a 2 cm height object at 4 cm of his optical center. Find the various characteristics of the image obtained.

3. One observes a star with a telescope. This one is provided with a concave mirror having a radius of curvature of 3.0m. Where is the image formed by this mirror?

4. A 5 cm height object is placed in front of a convex mirror. Why the image of this object can't measure 8 cm?

5. One places a 2 cm height candle in front of a convergent lens of which focal length is of 4 cm. The image obtained has a 4 cm height. Which is the exact position of the candle and the image?

6. A convergent lens has one 12 cm focal length. With this lens, one obtains a real image of which the height is triple of that of the object. Where are the object and the image?

7. The distance minimum of vision distinct from a person presbyope is of 100 cm. Calculate the focal length of the corrective lenses which are necessary to read for him of 25 cm.

8. A myope cannot clearly see the objects distant of more than 1 m of his eyes. Which is the focal length of the lenses which will enable him to see very distant objects.

9. Focal length of the objective: 1 cm
Focal length of the eyepiece: 5 cm
Outdistance between the objective and the eyepiece: 25 cm
Height of the object: 0.1 mm
Outdistance between the object of the objective: 1.05 cm
a) To make a diagram.
b) Calculate the position and the size of the image formed by the objective.
c) Calculate the position and the size of the image formed by the eyepiece. (Note that in this case, the object is the image formed by the objective.) ** the sentence does not do much direction, the writing was too pale I could not retranscribe the bracket correctly.)

10. One places oneself at 12 cm of a 6 m height tree to photograph it. When the image is very clear, the distance between the film and the optical center of the objective (a convergent lens) is of 8.75 cm.

11. Imagine that you have a camera whose objective has one 5 cm focal length. Your apparatus makes it possible to photograph objects located between 50 cm and the infinite one. Calculate the distances maximum and minimal between the film and the optical center of the objective.

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
for using Brainly. Unfortunately, we cannot answer your questions here. Please post them individually as separate questions so that our community can provide you with the best answers possible.

for your questions. I would be happy to assist you with solving these questions on optical characteristics and image formation.

1. For a convergent lens with a focal length of 8 cm and an object placed 4 cm away from the optical center, the various characteristics of the image obtained are:

- The image distance (d_i) is given by the lens equation: 1/d_o + 1/d_i = 1/f, where d_o is the object distance. Plugging in the values, we get d_i = 3.2 cm.
- The magnification (M) is given by the ratio of image height (h_i) to object height (h_o): M = h_i/h_o = -d_i/d_o = -3.2/4 = -0.8 (negative sign indicates an inverted image).
- The image height is given by the magnification multiplied by the object height: h_i = M*h_o = -0.8*2 = -1.6 cm.
- The image is real, inverted and smaller in size than the object.

2. For a divergent lens with a focal length of 8 cm and an object placed 4 cm away from the optical center, the various characteristics of the image obtained are:

- The image distance (d_i) is given by the lens equation: 1/d_o + 1/d_i = 1/f, where d_o is the object distance. Plugging in the values, we get d_i = -3.2 cm (negative sign indicates a virtual image).
- The magnification (M) is given by the ratio of image height (h_i) to object height (h_o): M = h_i/h_o = -d_i/d_o = 3.2/4 = 0.8 (positive sign indicates an upright image).
- The image height is given by the magnification multiplied by the object height: h_i = M*h_o = 0.8*2 = 1.6 cm.
- The image is virtual, upright and larger in size than the object.

3. The image formed by a concave mirror with a radius of curvature of 3.0 m will be located at a distance equal to half the radius of curvature, i.e. 1.5 m. The image will be real, inverted and smaller in size than the object.

4. A convex mirror always forms virtual

1. What are optical characteristics?

Optical characteristics refer to the physical properties and behaviors of light, such as wavelength, frequency, and speed. These characteristics determine how light interacts with different materials and how it is perceived by the human eye.

2. What is image formation?

Image formation is the process by which light rays reflect off an object and are captured by the eye or a camera, resulting in a visual representation of the object. This process involves the refraction and reflection of light as it passes through different mediums.

3. How do lenses affect image formation?

Lenses play a crucial role in image formation by refracting light and focusing it onto the retina or camera sensor. The shape and curvature of a lens can alter the path of light, resulting in changes to the size, clarity, and orientation of the image.

4. What is the difference between convex and concave lenses?

Convex lenses are thicker in the middle and thinner at the edges, causing light rays to converge and produce a magnified and upright image. Concave lenses are thinner in the middle and thicker at the edges, causing light rays to diverge and produce a smaller and inverted image.

5. How can I calculate the magnification of an image?

The magnification of an image can be calculated by dividing the height of the image by the height of the object. This value can also be determined by comparing the focal length of the lens to the distance between the object and the lens. A positive magnification indicates a magnified and upright image, while a negative magnification indicates a smaller and inverted image.