AP Calc BC Exam: How Did Everyone Do?

• Thread starter Rasine
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ap Exam
In summary, most people took the ap calc bc exam this morning. Some found it to be extremely difficult, and others found it to be easy. Some are going for a 5, and others are just hoping to get a 4. The AB Subscore can be used for college credit, but it's different at every university. Good luck to everyone!
Rasine
did anyone take the ap calc bc exam this morning?

how did everyone do?

Physics news on Phys.org
I took it, but I don't think we're allowed to talk about it for 48 hours according to College Board. I expect a 5 though. How'd you do?

I thought the test was pretty good. It didn't feel particularly challenging. I'm pretty sure I'll get a 5, unless I made some drastic error somewhere. Many of my classmates, unfortunately, found the test to be extremely difficult. AP Physics will be a different story though...and AP Lit was just plain annoying.

Yes, AP Physics test is Monday! Who's taking it?

I am. I'm not too sure how well I will do. I'm pretty nervous. I've done some practice tests in class, and I did pretty well, but I don't know anything about sound and my class hasn't had time to cover anything in modern physics. I'm a pretty good physics student, but I'm really nervous. Good luck!

i did as well as i possibly could

i didnt get that "evening hawk" thing for ap lit i saved it for last and i had 20 min

Gah, AP Lit was lame. I'm not too good with the whole poetic analysis. I rambled on about the diction in the first stanza and how it related to math. (Geometry, planes of light, etc.) And then did some pseudo-intellectual nonsense for the other two. What'd you do about the Third Question?

AP Lit was extremely easy. About Physics though... I'm going for a 4 or 5 on Mechanics but Electricity and Magnetism is another story. Who feels confident about E&M. The test is tomorrow. Anyone think it's possible for me to learn all of it tonight?

My school doesn't offer E&M class, unfortunatley. I'm just doing Mechanics this year, but I'm also doing the Physics B test. I'm hoping for at least 4s on both of them; Physics B isn't hard, and C Mechanics seems okay. I hear E&M is far more difficult than mechanics. I'm hoping for at least 4s on all my tests this year...Calc and Lit have been the only two I've done so far, and they weren't too hard, I just don't know how well I did on Lit.

Good luck!

What other tests are you guys doing besides Calc and Physics?

EbolaPox said:
I thought the test was pretty good. It didn't feel particularly challenging. I'm pretty sure I'll get a 5, unless I made some drastic error somewhere. Many of my classmates, unfortunately, found the test to be extremely difficult. AP Physics will be a different story though...and AP Lit was just plain annoying.
That's fortunate. If more people think the test is hard and you thought it was easy, that just gives you a better chance of getting a 5.

Although I could look at it in that way that I have a better chance of getting a 5, I'm more concerned about my classmates. I really want all of them to pass. My class originally was going to be doing just AP Calc AB this year, but I convinced my teacher that everyone was capable of doing BC level work, so about halfway through the year we decided to move on and do the full BC curriculum. Unfortunately, our school has implemented a new schedule and we ran out of time, so my teacher tried to teach everything he could. I, the year prior, had self-studied Calc I and II with the aid of my teacher, so I would tutor everyone in my class every chance possible. I was able to sort of teach them series and intervals of convergence. I'm not too concerned about my grade on the test (On a pracitce, I got 96/108 points on an old AP Calc test, and I feel I did just as well on the real thing, so I should be going for a 5.), but moreover my classmates. Idk, I guess I'm not very competitive or anything, because I've always been more concerned that everyone in the class gets the topic and passes the test itself.

The good news about the AP calc BC exam is that the passing rate is amazing. 40% get 5s.

Well, at least at my school, a 4 earns you the same course credits as a 5 on the BC exam.

Good point, I'm sure most of my classmates can pull that. I hope. I'm pretty sure most schools are pretty generous and will except 4/5s on the BC exam for exemption from Calc I and II (I think.) However, some are nice and will take a 3 on the BC test as an exemption from Calc I.

Does anyone know if the AB Subscore is able to be used for college credit? I know it's different at every university, just curious if anyone knows (I haven't found anything about it from CollegeBoard. A lot of my friends keepa sking me about it.) Thanks!

the AB score is just for calc 1. a 3 or higher is passing.

Related to AP Calc BC Exam: How Did Everyone Do?

What is the AP Calc BC exam?

The AP Calc BC exam is an advanced placement exam administered by the College Board. It covers topics in both single variable and multivariable calculus, and is designed to test students' understanding of concepts and skills typically covered in a year-long college-level calculus course.

How is the AP Calc BC exam scored?

The AP Calc BC exam is scored on a scale from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest score. The multiple choice section is worth 50% of the total score, while the free response section is worth the remaining 50%. Each section is graded on a scale from 0 to 9, and the two scores are then combined to determine the final score.

What is a passing score on the AP Calc BC exam?

A score of 3 or higher is considered passing on the AP Calc BC exam. However, some colleges and universities may require a higher score for credit or placement into advanced math courses.

How should I prepare for the AP Calc BC exam?

To prepare for the AP Calc BC exam, it is recommended to review course materials, practice with past AP exam questions, and use review books and resources. It is also important to have a solid understanding of the concepts and skills covered throughout the course.

How did everyone do on the AP Calc BC exam?

The College Board releases score distributions and statistics for the AP Calc BC exam each year. These can be found on their website, and can give an idea of how students performed on the exam overall. However, it is important to remember that individual scores may vary and do not determine the success of a student's understanding of calculus.