Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
  • #1,646
Physics_wiz said:
bad sectors in your brain hard drive.

Why did I sit on my computer for 12 hours straight today?

Because you couldn't sit on it for 12 hours straight tomorrow.

How did Superman reverse time by spinning the Earth in the opposite direction?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,647
If ignorance is bliss, why do we seek knowledge?

• #1,648
Reshma said:
If ignorance is bliss, why do we seek knowledge?
Someone doesn't get the idea of answer the person's before them.

honestrosewater said:
How did Superman reverse time by spinning the Earth in the opposite direction?
I will have to combine the two to make them met.

We seek knowledge so that we may know how superman was able to reverse time. I believe he did it by accident (being ignorant at the time I believe) and I think he is getting it copyrighted so we can't steal it. Not fair. :frown: :smile:

Who is the greatest PFer?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,649
The Bob said:
Who is the greatest PFer?

The Bob (2004 ©)

The first person to answer your question.

If there is no sadness in heaven, why it is said that rain is G/god crying?

• #1,650
God is crying because we did something stupid. Now we'll feel bad if we made God cry. Now we feel guilty.

If I weigh 60 kg on Earth, how much do I weigh on the moon?

• #1,651
bjr_jyd15 said:
God is crying because we did something stupid. Now we'll feel bad if we made God cry. Now we feel guilty.

If I weigh 60 kg on Earth, how much do I weigh on the moon?

You can weigh as much as you like. The last time I was on moon (the security checks are a joke...they didn't even bother checking the lead soles of my lunar boots), I weighed about 100 grams of crack for them loonies that want to get high without jumping.

Have you any idea what kind of money I make selling dope to the lunar settlers ?

• #1,652
Gokul43201 said:
Have you any idea what kind of money I make selling dope to the lunar settlers ?
Unsure am I of a precise amount but am betting it's astronomical ! :-p

Could the moon be used for topsoil?

• #1,653
BoulderHead said:
Could the moon be used for topsoil?

I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Your topsoil would go through phases, sometimes really bright and glowy, and then sometimes partly glowy, and then sometimes really dark. I think during "full topsoil phases" your lawn might keep you awake at night. :bugeye:

speaking of lawns, I planted some jellybeans in my front yard last spring but they never sprouted. Why didn't I get my jelly tree? :frown:

Last edited:
  • #1,654
Smart thinking, I wouldn't want my lawn to glow !

Math Is Hard said:
...speaking of lawns, I planted some jellybeans in my front yard last spring but they never sprouted. Why didn't I get my jelly tree? :frown:
I'm unsure but suspect it is related in some way to my own experience of planting a bag of birdseed; there was all different kinds of seed in the bag but drat the luck not a single bird sprouted from any of them ! :frown:

Now I ask you, what's up with that?!

• #1,655
BoulderHead said:
I'm unsure but suspect it is related in some way to my own experience of planting a bag of birdseed; there was all different kinds of seed in the bag but drat the luck not a single bird sprouted from any of them ! :frown:

Now I ask you, what's up with that?!

I'm guessing you forgot to pretreat the soil with guano. In fact, if you get the soil just right, growing birds is a piece o cake. I recall the time I accidentally dropped a birdseed just where I later planted a hedgerow. A few days later, I hada bird in the bush.

...which reminds me; I saw this girl yesterday, and her backpack had a sticker reading : "THE ONLY BUSH I TRUST IS MY OWN".

That got me to thinking if there were other people that had grown skeptical of plants. Know any ?

• #1,656
Gokul43201 said:
That got me to thinking if there were other people that had grown skeptical of plants. Know any ?

Sure, the people still living downwind of Chernobyl.

If you had to cram 17 clowns into one tiny clown car, what kind of oil would you use?

• #1,657
honestrosewater said:
Sure, the people still living downwind of Chernobyl.

If you had to cram 17 clowns into one tiny clown car, what kind of oil would you use?

That depends on whether the oil is to make the clowns slippy or to make the car go. If the former, I'd use petroleum jelly...and for the latter, I'd skip the jelly.

I've always wondered : what's the difference between a 'homonym' and a 'homophone' ?

• #1,658
A bird in the bush is worth a handful of seed…

...which reminds me; I saw this girl yesterday, and her backpack had a sticker reading : "THE ONLY BUSH I TRUST IS MY OWN".

Oh, I’ve grown quite a lot of skeptical of plants. It takes so very little moisture I’m amazed it never took firm root in desert locations…

Have you ever grown weary of plants?

[edit]
Oops, beat to the punch

I've always wondered : what's the difference between a 'homonym' and a 'homophone' ?
About one homophobe.

Now, about weary of plants?

• #1,659
BoulderHead said:

Oh, sure, it has a beautiful purple blossom that only opens up at night. Being a night owl, I really appreciate that.

So, I'm seeing some possible relationship among some of the previous quetions. Based on my observations, I have come up with the following quetion:

If I use the moon as topsoil, will the transplanted gravitational field make my skeptical of plants grow taller, even if my plastic wrap is still stuck to itself?

• #1,660
Is it really true that all the ufo's are coming to save humanity from human stupidities?

• #1,661
BoulderHead said:

Can't say I've seen any of those at the Home Depot. But I've got this large neighbor (and he just got released from the hospital after being patched up for 37 broken bones - or so he claims, but that's a different story) who just likes to go by 'Giant'. He claims to have some experience with 'jumping off' plants. Haven't seen any of those either :confused:

Anyways, the music's been playing over here, and for the last 4 minutes, Eric Clapton's been trying to get into heaven, but no one's answering the door. What's up with that ?

PS : I'm really slow...Moonbear has precedence.

Last edited:
  • #1,662
If I use the moon as topsoil, will the transplanted gravitational field make my skeptical of plants grow taller, even if my plastic wrap is still stuck to itself?
Yes, but only when applied by homophobic clowns smeared in petroleum jelly beans.

Could glowing moon dust become the next rage replacement for black lights and lava lamps?

[edit]
Anyways, the music's been playing over here, and for the last 4 minutes, Eric Clapton's been trying to get into heaven, but no one's answering the door. What's up with that ?

God is throwing another cocaine party, I'll bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,663
BoulderHead said:
Yes, but only when applied by homophobic clowns smeared in petroleum jelly beans.

Could glowing moon dust become the next rage replacement for black lights and lava lamps?

Not yet...the transportation costs are still too high. But just you wait, till that new glow worm hole opens up.

And what's the idea behind the name 'worm hole', anyway. They don't call the highways in Germany 'tortoise-bahns' do they ?

• #1,664
Gokul43201 said:
And what's the idea behind the name 'worm hole', anyway. They don't call the highways in Germany 'tortoise-bahns' do they ?

You missed Honestrosewater's post last night (or I think it was her post) that explained there are space worms making the wormholes. Though, I've heard that when traffic gets really bad, indeed, Germans start to refer to their roadways as "tortoise-bahns."

Earthworms have 7 hearts, IIRC. How many hearts do spaceworms have?

• #1,665
Moonbear said:
Earthworms have 7 hearts, IIRC.

I thought they had 7 chambered hearts, IIRC. I remember a picture that looked like a stretched accordion. Yeah...that was from my "Things that look like Musical Instruments" textbook (I got that for my first birthday). I'll never forget the page on the standard wooden drumstick...it never made sense to me when I read it in playschool. There was a picture, kinda like this :

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml03/03128.jpg

Followed by several pictures of something called...oh I can't remember...wait...I think they called it a Richard ? Ah, forget that.

How many hearts do spaceworms have?

I quote from my Astronomy 101 textbook, titled "Cosmo-Illogical" : The isotropic nature of space is evidence that speceworms are heartless.

Have you ever noticed that it smells like $#!t at the other end of a wormhole ?

• #1,666
Gokul43201 said:
Yes, and it's all the fault of this nasty man;
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/science/envman/cwm/erg/photoalbum_innoc/pages/EIU%20-%20insertion_jpg.htm

The SOB is inoculating the poor little things! *the nerve, hmmmph*

What really IS that stuff in the bag?

• #1,667
BoulderHead said:
Yes, and it's all the fault of this nasty man;
http://www.uclan.ac.uk/facs/science/envman/cwm/erg/photoalbum_innoc/pages/EIU%20-%20insertion_jpg.htm

The SOB is inoculating the poor little things! *the nerve, hmmmph*

What really IS that stuff in the bag?

His wife's meatloaf.

I don't have a question, I just can't resist an opportunity to introduce meatloaf into a conversation. Is that okay?

• #1,668
honestrosewater said:
His wife's meatloaf.

I don't have a question, I just can't resist an opportunity to introduce meatloaf into a conversation. Is that okay?

That's okay, but for misspelling 'quetion', you are banished to the land of sanity.

This quetion is again inspired by what's playing : Do you feel like I do ?

• #1,669
Gokul43201 said:
That's okay, but for misspelling 'quetion', you are banished to the land of sanity.

This quetion is again inspired by what's playing : Do you feel like I do ?

I did before I was banished to the land of sanity :mad:

With the renewed popularity of the Lord of the Rings (just go with me on this one) do you think "halflings" will soon become more PC than "little people"?

• #1,670
Gokul43201 said:
I thought they had 7 chambered hearts, IIRC. I remember a picture that looked like a stretched accordion. Yeah...that was from my "Things that look like Musical Instruments" textbook (I got that for my first birthday). I'll never forget the page on the standard wooden drumstick...it never made sense to me when I read it in playschool. There was a picture, kinda like this :

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml03/03128.jpg

Followed by several pictures of something called...oh I can't remember...wait...I think they called it a Richard ? Ah, forget that.

I quote from my Astronomy 101 textbook, titled "Cosmo-Illogical" : The isotropic nature of space is evidence that speceworms are heartless.

http://www.wavsurfer.com/wavs/apow2/agiantj.wav

With the renewed popularity of the Lord of the Rings (just go with me on this one) do you think "halflings" will soon become more PC than "little people"?
I don't know, but it sounds like something Kentucky Fried Chicken would smother in honeyBBQ sauce...

Would you like some of them frenchfried pertaters with that?

• #1,671
BoulderHead said:
Would you like some of them frenchfried pertaters with that?
No. :rolleyes:

So anyway... RANDOMNESS.

What is the point in have chickens running government?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,672
The Bob said:
What is the point in have chickens running government?

Chickens are quite well suited to running government, and it is believed politicians are evolved from a common ancestor to chickens. Indeed, both share a relatively rare trait, which is quite essential for running government, that being the uncanny ability to continue running even when lacking a head.

What ritual is involved for removing one's brain adequately to run for public office?

• #1,673
Moonbear said:
What ritual is involved for removing one's brain adequately to run for public office?
Joining a political party. :biggrin:

What's the difference between a pagan ritual and paying homage to the Devil?

• #1,674
BoulderHead said:
Joining a political party. :biggrin:

What's the difference between a pagan ritual and paying homage to the Devil?
about 3 dollars.

What makes a marker magic?

• #1,675
tribdog said:
What makes a marker magic?

Sniffing it.

Will you flick my Bic?
(Not a quetion: Anyone even remember that commercial?)

• #1,676
Moonbear said:
Will you flick my Bic?
Will you suck my.. ow hey let go ow
What's going on here? ow

• #1,677
Moonbear said:
Will you flick my Bic?
(Not a quetion: Anyone even remember that commercial?)
Only if you'll sniff my magic marker... :-p

What's it good for after the ink is dried up?

[edit, beat to the punch]
What's going on here? ow
Magic ink drying up and being 'flicked' away...

If two heads are better than one why are women so smart?

• #1,678
BoulderHead said:
If two heads are better than one why are women so smart?

Because we know we can control both of men's heads by messing with just one.

Why do we have to say "cheese" before pictures are taken? Why not okra, or beer?

• #1,679
Moonbear said:
Why do we have to say "cheese" before pictures are taken? Why not okra, or beer?
because it's imposible to say okra and smile. ugh, okra, slimy.

What's your favorite word that you can type without moving your fingers from the keys they rest on?

• #1,680
tribdog said:
What's your favorite word that you can type without moving your fingers from the keys they rest on?

lad falls as fad; dad sad

Why is it called okra? It's neither oak nor a sun god.