Asking for answers to exercises of peskin's QFT?

In summary, the conversation is about a webpage that provides solutions to difficult physics problems. The solutions are not official and may contain errors, but they were helpful for someone who took an online course with the poster. The poster also welcomes error reports for the solutions.
loudcrier
thanks for advices.

Physics news on Phys.org
http://homerreid.ath.cx/~homer/physics/index.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they really that hard that are beyond your power of understanding...?

Besides,this guy didn't solve them as part of his class preparation during PhD:

Disclaimer: These "solutions" are my own personal unprofessional attempts at solving the problems. They are officially sanctioned neither by the textbook authors nor by anybody else in particular, they have for the most part not been checked for errors, and, if past precedent is any guide, there is every reason to believe that many of them are dead wrong

Daniel.

dextercioby said:
Are they really that hard that are beyond your power of understanding...?

I had them along with Patrick in an online course we took usin P&S. Yes they were hard for me and for anyone who comes to them without a year or so of grad physics under their belt. Patrick had that and kindly posted solutions for us.

thanks a lot!

1. What is the best way to ask for answers to exercises from Peskin's QFT?

The best way to ask for answers to exercises from Peskin's QFT is to be specific about which exercise you are referring to and provide any relevant information or attempts you have made to solve it. It is also helpful to clearly state what kind of answer you are looking for (i.e. complete solution or just a hint).

2. Can I post the exercises directly in my question when asking for answers?

It is generally not recommended to post the exercises directly in your question when asking for answers. This can be seen as a request for others to do your work for you, and may not receive a helpful response. It is better to describe the exercise and your attempts to solve it, and ask for guidance or clarification on specific parts.

3. Are there any resources available for obtaining answers to exercises from Peskin's QFT?

There are various online forums and study groups where you can find answers to exercises from Peskin's QFT. You can also try reaching out to your classmates or professor for help. However, keep in mind that it is important to try to solve the exercises on your own first before seeking answers.

4. Is it considered cheating to use answers from others for exercises in Peskin's QFT?

It is generally considered cheating to use answers from others for exercises in Peskin's QFT if you are seeking credit for the work. If the exercises are for your own personal practice and understanding, it may be acceptable to use answers from others as a learning aid, but be sure to cite your sources.

5. How can I improve my understanding of QFT without relying on answers to exercises?

The best way to improve your understanding of QFT is to actively engage with the material, attend lectures and discussions, and regularly practice solving exercises on your own. You can also seek out additional resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and study groups to supplement your learning. It is important to actively think about the concepts and principles rather than just memorizing answers to exercises.