Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bigfoot Evidence to be announced today

1. Aug 15, 2008 #1

Greg Bernhardt

Staff: Admin

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 15, 2008 #2
    They have the "Bigfoot" yet are only going to show photos, and hand over DNA samples..hmmm, that just doesn't seem right.

4. Aug 15, 2008 #3

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Maybe they found Jimmy Hoffa?

5. Aug 15, 2008 #4
  6. Aug 15, 2008 #5

Saladsamurai

Gold Member

Re: Bigfoot was found in Georgia

I don't have a reference, but this was shown to be a hoax today (obviously). Heard it on the radio.

7. Aug 15, 2008 #6

Hoax.

They should be tarred and feathered. Or should that be tarred and furred? :uhh:

8. Aug 15, 2008 #7

Evo

Staff: Mentor

9. Aug 15, 2008 #8

http://www.bfro.net/hoax.asp

10. Aug 15, 2008 #9

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  11. Aug 15, 2008 #10

Evo

Hogzilla is actually real. There is even a documentary on it. I don't know if that picture is real, but there really was a super big hog found.

12. Aug 15, 2008 #11

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Danger hasn't been posting much lately.

13. Aug 15, 2008 #12

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This is in no way intended as a defense, or to suggest that I put any truck in it - I am merely playing Devil's Advocate:

If ever there were such a Earth-shaking discovery made, it would be IMO, completely consistent that they would not simply reveal the whole she-bang at a public conference - or even anything conclusive.

To reveal anything conclusive would be to tip their money-making hand. There's little point in revealing such a huge discovery these days other than to secure one's financial- and media- future. I don't think even a hard-core scientist would be so altruistic to his field as to offer up his discovery for nothing more than academic recognition.

IOW, the fact that they have not revealed anything concluisve is in no way an indicator that it is a hoax.

Like it or not, they've got to milk this for all it's worth, even if it's real.

Now, that being said, I am still satisfied that it's a hoax.

14. Aug 15, 2008 #13

Evo

If they really did find anything, they would WANT it to be certified as real beyond question. They would gain everything for having the proof. If they had solid evidence, just think how much money they could make off of it. Solid evidence would have people making pilgrimages to them.

This is obviously a publicity stunt to get some poor fools to cough over money for nothing.

15. Aug 15, 2008 #14

berkeman

:rofl: OMG, you owe me a new keyboard! :rofl:

16. Aug 15, 2008 #15
    This should prove amusing any way it goes.

Fox New Network had a photo of a close-up of the jaw and teeth.

Btw, hypatia, if I had a million dollar carcus in my freezer, I'd keep it close.

How much would a well crafted hoax in a freezer would be worth?

17. Aug 15, 2008 #16
    does this thread get moved back if the thing turns out to be real?

--nevermind---I see that it was combined with another thread

: )

18. Aug 15, 2008 #17

russ_watters

I'm going to be really pissed if this turns out to be Homer Simpson. He's had a good run, but I'm not ready for the show to be cancelled yet.

19. Aug 15, 2008 #18
    For those of you who didn't read the article, they've established a web site, where they charge a couple bucks to see their photos. They've established a limited liability corporation, apparently in the business of conducting bigfoot tours.

I wonder which came first, the LLC, the purchase of the domain name, or the alleged bigfoot sighting. Perhaps there was a recent acquisition of a freezer out of it's place on the time-line.

20. Aug 15, 2008 #19

LowlyPion

Homework Helper

If they get Geraldo to do a special on it ... that should establish whether it is a hoax or not.

21. Aug 16, 2008 #20

jtbell

Ewww... :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?