Buy DC Motors & Servos + Polarity Toggle Switches

• Thread starter Euphoriet
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Motors
In summary, the conversation discusses where to buy cheap and small DC motors and servos for building robots. The person also inquires about a polarity toggle switch and mentions that local stores may not be well-known globally. A website for Futaba and a model RC flyer is provided as potential resources. The conversation also mentions using old electronics like VCRs and electric typewriters for parts. A DPDT switch is suggested for reversing a DC motor's direction. The conversation ends with the person asking about someone's return.
Euphoriet
Where can I buy cheap/small DC motors and servos (robot building type of thing)?

(Any well known "local" stores out there?)

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry I guess I would also need some type of "Polarity Toggle Switch".

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm fairly sure any "local" stores wouldn't be well known throughout the world.

cyrus is a model RC flyer i bet!

I keep tons of old VCR's, electric typewriters and such-like for parts like that. For reversing a DC motor, I just use a DPDT switch with what are normally the input terminals connected to the motor. The 'output' terminals are then oppositely hooked to the battery. Flipping the switch one way gives CW, and the other way CCW.

Hey, you're back. parole?

Related to Buy DC Motors & Servos + Polarity Toggle Switches

1. What are DC motors and servos?

DC motors and servos are types of electric motors that are commonly used in a variety of applications. They are used to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy and can be controlled to produce precise movements.

2. What are the advantages of using DC motors and servos?

DC motors and servos have several advantages, including high efficiency, precise control, and the ability to produce high torque at low speeds. They are also compact and lightweight, making them ideal for use in small spaces.

3. How do polarity toggle switches work?

Polarity toggle switches are used to control the direction of current flow in a circuit. They have two positions, and when switched from one position to the other, they reverse the polarity of the circuit, allowing current to flow in the opposite direction.

4. What are the common uses for DC motors and servos?

DC motors and servos are used in a wide range of applications, including robotics, automation, industrial machinery, and consumer electronics. They are also commonly used in hobbies such as remote control cars and planes.

5. How do I choose the right DC motor or servo for my project?

When choosing a DC motor or servo, it is important to consider factors such as torque, speed, size, and power requirements. It is also important to ensure that the motor or servo is compatible with your control system and can handle the load of your project.