Calculate Vout with the switch

In summary, the conversation involved discussing the benefits of exercise and healthy eating habits. The individuals agreed that staying active and eating nutritious food can improve overall physical and mental well-being. They also mentioned the importance of finding a balance and not being too strict with diet and exercise routines.
Edy56
TL;DR Summary: I need to calculate Vout when the switch Is closed and open.

I need to calculate Vout when the switch Is closed and open. Is my work correct?
IMG_20230601_222526.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
Edy56 said:
Is my work correct?
Yes.
I get 5.721 V and 4.405 V.

Likes Edy56
Baluncore said:
Yes.
I get 5.721 V and 4.405 V.
Thank youu

Likes berkeman

1. How do I calculate Vout with the switch?

The formula for calculating Vout with the switch is Vout = Vin * (R2 / (R1 + R2)), where Vin is the input voltage, R1 is the resistance of the first resistor, and R2 is the resistance of the second resistor.

2. What is the purpose of using a switch in Vout calculations?

A switch is used in Vout calculations to control the flow of current and change the resistance in the circuit. This allows for different output voltages to be achieved.

3. How does the position of the switch affect Vout?

The position of the switch determines which resistors are in the circuit and therefore affects the total resistance. This in turn affects the output voltage, with different positions of the switch resulting in different Vout values.

4. Can Vout be greater than Vin in a circuit with a switch?

Yes, Vout can be greater than Vin in a circuit with a switch. This can occur when the switch is in a position that results in a higher resistance, causing a voltage drop across the resistor and increasing the output voltage.

5. How can I use a switch to control Vout in a circuit?

A switch can be used to control Vout in a circuit by selecting a position that results in the desired output voltage. By changing the switch position, the resistance in the circuit can be altered, allowing for different output voltages to be achieved.