Calculating Magnetic Induction of Moving Planar Condensator

In summary, the conversation discusses calculating the magnetic induction B between two plates of a planar condenser moving at a velocity V with a distance d between them. The solution is based on the equation qvB = Fel, which is the magnetic force on a charge moving through a stationary magnetic field. However, the applicability of this equation is questioned and it is suggested to consider two opposite currents and the resulting magnetic field between them. The term "charge fidderence" is also questioned and compared to "covfefe" in cgs units.
Physworld
Misplaced Homework Thread: moved from technical forums so no template
Summary:: A planar condensator with the distance between the plates d, is moving with velocity V. The charge fidderence is U. Find the magnetic induction B, between the plates during the motion

I have solved this problem, but I am not sure about the solution, can anyone, please, tell me if I am right.

Attachments

• 20201128_152440.jpg
    20201128_152440.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 20201128_153408.jpg
    20201128_153408.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 111
Physics news on Phys.org
Your solution is based on your equation qvB = Fel. This is the expression for the magnetic force on a charge moving through a stationary magnetic field. Why do you think it would be applicable here? I think this problem expects you to consider two opposite currents and the magnetic field generated in the region between the two.

BTW, what is a "charge fidderence"? Is it like "covfefe" but in cgs units?

Note: I am aware that this thread is 481 days old and that OP has not been seen since the day after posting it. I replied to get it off the unanswered thread list so that it can be replaced with something fresher.

Likes berkeman

1. How do you calculate the magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator?

To calculate the magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator, you can use the formula B = μ0Iv/2πr, where B is the magnetic induction, μ0 is the permeability of free space, I is the current, v is the velocity of the condensator, and r is the distance from the condensator.

2. What is the significance of the magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator?

The magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator is significant because it represents the strength of the magnetic field created by the moving charges. This field can have various effects, such as deflecting charged particles or inducing currents in nearby conductors.

3. How does the velocity of the condensator affect the magnetic induction?

The velocity of the condensator directly affects the magnetic induction, as seen in the formula B = μ0Iv/2πr. As the velocity increases, the magnetic induction also increases. This is because the moving charges create a stronger magnetic field.

4. Can the magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator be negative?

No, the magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator cannot be negative. It is a vector quantity and is always directed perpendicular to the direction of motion. Therefore, it can only have positive values.

5. How is the magnetic induction of a moving planar condensator related to the electric field?

The magnetic induction and electric field are related through the electromagnetic force. When a charged particle moves through a magnetic field, it experiences a force perpendicular to both the magnetic induction and the particle's velocity. This force can also be described in terms of the electric field, as the magnetic induction and electric field are two components of the electromagnetic force.