Can MCNP solve the geometric coincidence issue with a semi-cylinder and cuboid?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
6 replies · 2K views
chengmo
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
How do we solve the geometric coincidence problem? I need a semi-cylinder that fits into the cuboid but if I use the cuboid and the cylinder directly it's geometrically problematic
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I set up four cubes but only two are displayed. In my setting, there should be cuboids in the middle and under the ring. Why?

QQ图片20230426151847.png
 
Attachments
In a cell definition a positive surface typically means above or outside. A negative surface means below or inside. If you take a look at cell 3, you have -3 4, meaning below x=4 and at the same time above x=6. The space between x=4 and 6 is "3 -4". Now have a look at cell 4 and see if you can find something similar.
 
Thank you very much Alex A, I got the X-axis wrong. The sign of 1, 2,3, and 4 surfaces in the surface card is wrong
 
However, after I corrected the error of x axis, the modeling problem still occurred in cell card 1. Why is cell card 2 and cell card 1 written in the same way? cell1 caused the problem, but cell2 did not
 
Attachments
  • QQ图片20230427163840.png
    QQ图片20230427163840.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 209
  • QQ图片20230427163848.png
    QQ图片20230427163848.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 186
  • A1++.txt
    A1++.txt
    328 bytes · Views: 193
MCNP seems happy. When I try the interactive plotter I see the full D. VisEd does not seem happy from your picture. Maybe VisEd does not like the comment. I do not see an error.