Can the speed of light truly be constant from its origin of motion?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Dragohunter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motion Origin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Dragohunter
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Now I know light motion is consistence from any frame of reference and can’t accelerate since it is mass less and lacks momentum. So the speed of light is always c. What about the point where light started? So does that imply that the speed of light was c at the point it was starting? That means it was moving at point in which it started which is confusing to me. That means it didn’t “start” moving since that would imply it started at a certain point and then started to travel at c or accelerated, which is wrong. I’m probably looking at this wrong so I need explanations.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I know that but it the symmetry of the incident sounds strange that it was moving at C at the point in spacetime it was created. That means that it was always at C and there is no start to its motion by rather it was always in motion. How can something be in motion without anything causing it to start moving? I know about inertia but all objects started at some point where it moved faster.