Can the speed of light truly be constant from its origin of motion?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of light motion being consistent from any frame of reference and its inability to accelerate due to its lack of mass and momentum. The speed of light is always constant, even at the point where it started. This implies that it was always in motion and did not start moving at a certain point. The idea of something being in motion without a cause is confusing and goes against the concept of inertia.
Dragohunter
Now I know light motion is consistence from any frame of reference and can’t accelerate since it is mass less and lacks momentum. So the speed of light is always c. What about the point where light started? So does that imply that the speed of light was c at the point it was starting? That means it was moving at point in which it started which is confusing to me. That means it didn’t “start” moving since that would imply it started at a certain point and then started to travel at c or accelerated, which is wrong. I’m probably looking at this wrong so I need explanations.

Physics news on Phys.org
A photon exists at no other speed but C. The instant it is created, it is moving at C. No acceleration.

I know that but it the symmetry of the incident sounds strange that it was moving at C at the point in spacetime it was created. That means that it was always at C and there is no start to its motion by rather it was always in motion. How can something be in motion without anything causing it to start moving? I know about inertia but all objects started at some point where it moved faster.

Related to Can the speed of light truly be constant from its origin of motion?

1. What is a photon's origin of motion?

A photon's origin of motion refers to the source or cause of its movement. In other words, what makes a photon move in a certain direction or at a certain speed.

2. How does a photon move?

A photon moves at the speed of light in a straight line. It has no mass, so it does not experience any resistance and can continue to move indefinitely unless it interacts with something.

3. What is the role of energy in a photon's motion?

Energy is the driving force behind a photon's motion. Photons are particles of light, and they carry energy in the form of electromagnetic radiation. This energy propels the photon forward at the speed of light.

4. Can a photon's motion be affected by gravity?

Yes, a photon's motion can be affected by gravity. According to Einstein's theory of general relativity, gravity is the curvature of spacetime caused by massive objects. As a result, photons can be influenced by the gravitational pull of massive objects, causing them to change direction or even get trapped in a gravitational field.

5. How is a photon's motion related to the electromagnetic force?

A photon's motion is directly related to the electromagnetic force. Photons are the carriers of the electromagnetic force, which is responsible for interactions between electrically charged particles. The motion of a photon is a manifestation of this force, as it moves through space carrying energy and interacting with charged particles it encounters.