Can you answer this unanswerable question?

• Thread starter WingZero
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the question of who created God and presents different perspectives. Some believe that God has always existed while others suggest that God could have created himself. Additionally, the concept of time is explored, with the idea that God and the soul exist outside of time. The poem "Big fleas have little fleas" is also referenced, implying an infinite chain of creation.
Originally posted by elwestrand
Which religions?
In the bhavaghad-gita, 5000 years old, Lord Krishna clearly explains the creation of the universe which could be considered big bang, and he also states that it will also be annihilated. I've asked some scholars of the scriptures for the actual duration of the universe and I got 3 quadrillion, 153 trillion and 600 billion years.

A far cry from Genesis.

Ok so I take you you intrepreted "certain religions" to be "which ever religion that YOU could think of". However, in this case, it is whatever religions that I am thinking of that I do not wish to specifically name because I don't want to turn this into a theological argument.

I'm sorry elwestrand, I don't mean any offense but you arguments here and on many other threads seem very loosely based upon any sort of validity, reality, or truth.

And if you are not looking any sort of validity, reality, or truth, but only to create your own in your own image(sound familiar). I suggest writing some fictious books, you could perhaps earn a living at what you seem to enjoy.

Physics news on Phys.org
No, you would not have experienced anything from the prespective of a time-based consciousness. That is the whole point. If the consciousness is time-based, it cannot not by definition expereince untime, it will merely not interpret it at all and it will be oblivious of it. The brain is not capable of experiencing untime.

Actually, our spiritual consciouness, which is beyond the brain, which flows into the brain, is untime-based. We are submerged in untime.

Cartesian Dualism? The current philosophy of the mind usually holds that as a faux pas...perhaps I should put this in the form of questions:

1. Is the "spritual consciousness" physical?

I don't have arguments here.
I do not like religion.
I also do not care much about reality or "validity" it is true, please do not assume otherwise. I have no taste for reality, maybe parareality or transreality.

I don't have arguments here.
I do not like religion.
I also do not care much about reality or "validity" it is true, please do not assume otherwise. I have no taste for reality, maybe parareality or transreality.

O...k...is the consciousness physical?

I don't know anything about Cartisian dualism, other thatn a lot of people don't like it. but I have already posted a long introduction By Chris Langan which speaks about it, somewhere. I renounce this forum though because I feel this sort of philosophy is a waste of life. It merely gratifies curiosity and ego. What does it matter if "cartisian duality" is "valid?" Believing or not believing it will not affect one's quality of life in the long run.

I don't know anything about Cartisian dualism, other thatn a lot of people don't like it. but I have already posted a long introduction By Chris Langan which speaks about it, somewhere. I renounce this forum though because I feel this sort of philosophy is a waste of life. It merely gratifies curiosity and ego. What does it matter if "cartisian duality" is "valid?" Believing or not believing it will not affect one's quality of life in the long run.

Then why did you posit the "spiritual consciousness" in the first place? What is it that you believe in?

Originally posted by WingZero
who made god?
That still doesn't get around the fact that "we" exist. In which case I think we should be asking "who" made us? :wink:

Isn't it possible for us to create things? If so, then why couldn't something create us? Sounds pretty plain and simple to me.

Originally posted by Iacchus32
That still doesn't get around the fact that "we" exist. In which case I think we should be asking "who" made us? :wink:

Isn't it possible for us to create things? If so, then why couldn't something create us? Sounds pretty plain and simple to me.

We our children of the universe. It created us.

We still don't know what created the universe, so that's as far as we can go for now.

Originally posted by Deeviant
We our children of the universe. It created us.

We still don't know what created the universe, so that's as far as we can go for now.
And yet would you go so far as to say the Universe was unintelligent? Because it sure doesn't appear to be designed that way.

Look at ourselves. Doesn't that suggest the Universe was designed to evolve and sustain intelligence?

And so I ask, Who was the intelligence behind what created us?

Originally posted by Iacchus32
And yet would you go so far as to say the Universe was unintelligent? Because it sure doesn't appear to be designed that way.

Look at ourselves. Doesn't that suggest the Universe was designed to evolve and sustain intelligence?

And so I ask, Who was the intelligence behind what created us?

What law states intelligence must be created from intelligence? Are you just using the feeling that something as great and neat as ourselfs just MUST be created by something even more great and even neater?

Well there is no evidence to support this claim, a claim it will remain, unproven.

Originally posted by Deeviant
What law states intelligence must be created from intelligence? Are you just using the feeling that something as great and neat as ourselfs just MUST be created by something even more great and even neater?

Well there is no evidence to support this claim, a claim it will remain, unproven.
There is no evidence? Or no supportable evidence? And who pray tell is going to determine the criteria for supporting it?

There is no evidence? Or no supportable evidence? And who pray tell is going to determine the criteria for supporting it?
You are, since you are the claimant. It is then our job to decide if we accept it, and if it outweighs contrary evidence. If you don't supply evidence, then surely it is reasonable for us to presume you don't have any...

From the the Internet Infidels' thread, http://www.iidb.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78035 ...

"The kingdom of heaven is within." Therefore I think if science can even hope to solve this -- if, in fact that's its intent :wink: -- then it's going to have to toss aside the fact that only a "physical" reality exists, and consider the fact that as human beings we possesses what you might call "a soul."

I fail to see how that quote makes any sense at all.

Originally posted by FZ+
I fail to see how that quote makes any sense at all.
I'm saying the evidence is within us and that this is where we need to look. While I doubt very much that we'll find it in the outer "physical universe," unless of course we had the means by which to mirror it in ourselves, through the means of "our soul."

Well, the evidence inside me tells me that you are wrong. See?

To point at illusionary "evidence" hidden in unreachable places, and conveniently indistinguishible from imagination, is logically rather hard to consider credible.

where does proof take place? does it take place in the experiement your doing or the journal you're reading (ie outside you) or does it take place inside when you reach that pivotal moment when you go from not being convinced to being convinced?

Who made God?

The question makes 2 assumptions, both of which may be false. First assumption is the existence of God, something that is still debated on many other worlds, not just this self centered mudball. The second assumption is that he had to be made. Did anyone make that diamond crystal on you girlfriend's finger? If God exists, he did not necessarily have to be made by another higher being.

Originally posted by FZ+
Well, the evidence inside me tells me that you are wrong. See?

To point at illusionary "evidence" hidden in unreachable places, and conveniently indistinguishible from imagination, is logically rather hard to consider credible.
Oh, you admit to something being inside there then?

So, how does that something inside you go about determining whether anything is correct? In other words how do you know that science is correct? Do you just assume that it is?

And yet what if you could see just as clearly about your own internal observations as science does about its empirical data? What are you to rely upon then?

Originally posted by Visitor
Who made God?

The question makes 2 assumptions, both of which may be false. First assumption is the existence of God, something that is still debated on many other worlds, not just this self centered mudball. The second assumption is that he had to be made. Did anyone make that diamond crystal on you girlfriend's finger? If God exists, he did not necessarily have to be made by another higher being.
So, would you care to address how the universe can exist without a Primal Cause? :wink:

Did you know that it's possible for Eternity to exist without time?

Originally posted by phoenixthoth
where does proof take place? does it take place in the experiement your doing or the journal you're reading (ie outside you) or does it take place inside when you reach that pivotal moment when you go from not being convinced to being convinced?
Yes, what exactly is it that's being convinced here? :wink:

In other words how do you know that science is correct?
I don't. Science is an attitude, or a process. Is eating ice cream "correct"? In science, judgement is made by combining the totality of evidence to highlight the most likely, and least untrue theory.

And yet what if you could see just as clearly about your own internal observations as science does about its empirical data?
What if God exists? Then God would exist, would he not? This hypothetical question does not seem useful.

Science does not assume the clear objectivity of the data. Things are weighed in favour of more reliable ones, yes, but scientific debate is an attempt to play off the subjective and fuzzy elements against each other. Your "internal observations" have been devised to avoid any assessment of reliability, to avoid rational debate. That is currently their only distinguishing property, and so your internal observations are useless.

Originally posted by FZ+

I don't. Science is an attitude, or a process. Is eating ice cream "correct"? In science, judgement is made by combining the totality of evidence to highlight the most likely, and least untrue theory.

What if God exists? Then God would exist, would he not? This hypothetical question does not seem useful.

Science does not assume the clear objectivity of the data. Things are weighed in favour of more reliable ones, yes, but scientific debate is an attempt to play off the subjective and fuzzy elements against each other. Your "internal observations" have been devised to avoid any assessment of reliability, to avoid rational debate. That is currently their only distinguishing property, and so your internal observations are useless.
What is so irrational to say that in order for us to observe the immaterial (on an individual basis) we have to have a piece of the that in ourselves ... "a soul" in other words? As a matter-of-fact that's the most rational thing one can possibly say if, in fact God does exist. Or else how would we know?

Yep, God gave us big brains and the last thing we "know" is how to use them ...

What is so irrational to say that in order for us to observe the immaterial
Being observed <=> whatever is observed is material
we have to have a piece of the that in ourselves ... "a soul" in other words?
That it does not follow. Observing radioactivity requires a geiger counter, not an internal radioactive source. (Which would be bad for your health) It is something pulled out of the air, without any philosophical usefulness.
As a matter-of-fact that's the most rational thing one can possibly say if, in fact God does exist.
But we don't. And God may not exist. And so this argument doesn't mean anything.

For clarify in your question, "Who made God?" please define what God is.

Originally posted by hedons
For clarify in your question, "Who made God?" please define what God is.

That seems like quite a difficult problem to describe something outside of our physical reality.

Originally posted by b11ngoo
God made God. O_O

God is wisdom. God made wisdom. The bible says God first made wisdom. Then his name is translated wisdom. So God says he first made himself. Then the Woman called Wisdom was made.

So who made God ? God himself made himself. Read my T.o.E. Thread I made. It describes digital creation. And describes God as well I believe. Since he said he made himself.

Here's the thread.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15882

Who made you ? Did you make you yet ?

I agree that something can be created from nothing. But there is no factual evidence that something that does not exist can create itself so to speak. We know that the void of space can create particles and it has been conjectured that perhaps the energy from the BB was created in this way, however, the big bang energy did not "create itself" if the theory is correct, it was created by quantum fluctuations of space.

Any book or article proclaiming to describe a god is the creation of man and none other.

Originally posted by b11ngoo
Yes. I see.

Ok. How about if... the nature of the clock that started with the big bang, was the nature of God.

So. If this nature did not begin, no big bang. There is no God yet.

But he exists even then. Since the big bang clock brings him. The act of his creation is motion of the clock beginning. Zero clock time is God. Right ?

Because he is the mighty one(God), that comes from the beginning of time.

Is it so hard to believe a big bang clock may begin a mighty intelligence ?

Is God so different from A.I to a clock ? How can the clock respect A.I. and not God ?

Look at my link I gave. It describes A.I.

You've got it wrong, the big bang created the universe, it did not create god. God wasn't created until some 10 billion years(give or take a few billion) when man evolved on Earth and created the concept of god to explain things that he could not explain otherwise.

As far as the other stuff you are saying, the only thing I can say in return is:
What the hell are you talking about?

what's your irrefutable proof for that statement?

b11ngoo is the one that said the BB created god, so its up to him to prove it.

Making a unfalsiable claim, then demanding another to prove it's wrong else your right, is downright stupid. I think it is pretty obvious where the burden of proof lays here.

I could just as easily claim that my gym shorts are the creator of the universe, and they use their immense power to simply look like a plain pair of gym shorts. Prove me wrong!

when someone claims that man created God then it sounds to me like the burden of proof is on them. until i see a proof, it's not something i will believe or disbelieve.

when someone claims that man created God then it sounds to me like the burden of proof is on them. until i see a proof, it's not something i will believe or disbelieve.

Because by definition, a idea must originate from a human. The concept of a god is a idea, therefore it is created by man.

was the idea of x-rays created or discovered?

was the idea of x-rays created or discovered?

created by humans of course.

and is that when x-rays began to exist?