Check answers to critical point, extrema questions

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
tjohn101
Messages
92
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


If my answers to the questions in the attachments could be checked that would be great. All work is done, and the questions in the pictures are fairly quick and simple. I want to be sure I got them correct.

Thank you!

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Attachments
  • LAB #7 numbers 1-4.jpg
    LAB #7 numbers 1-4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 496
  • LAB #7 numbers 5-7.jpg
    LAB #7 numbers 5-7.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 493
  • LAB #7 numbers 13-15.jpg
    LAB #7 numbers 13-15.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 504
Physics news on Phys.org
Is it just me, or does everyone like those choices? When f(x) has an absolute minimum value on the interval [itex][0, \infty)[/itex] of 2 when x = 1, I don't consider the answer to "find the absolute minimum for f(x)" of (1,2) to be correct. The answer should be 2.