Checking In Songs - Can You Save Onto Hard Drive If Original Song File Deleted?

In summary, the conversation discussed the possibility of saving deleted songs back onto the hard drive through the OPEN MG software. The user expressed the need for assistance in retrieving the songs and was provided with a recovery software that changes the flags of deleted files to "undelete" them. The technical knowledge of how the computer works was also briefly mentioned.
christine crook
IS it possible to save songs back onto the hard drive when checking in despite the fact that the song has since been deleted from both the playlist and hard drive?

It appears on checking in, that the song disappears totally in OPEN MG software.

Any help much appreciated as I deleted songs but now need to get them back onto the hard drive!:frown:

Computer science news on Phys.org
If you deleted the song very very recently, then you can use this: http://www.binarybiz.com/vlab/windows.php

Just some technical knowledge so you understand how the computer works:
When you delete a file all you are doing is telling the operating system to flag the file for recycling. When you go to write a file the operating system specifically checks for these flags to know what it can and can't overwrite. All the recovery software does is look for the flags and allows you to change the value to "undelete" the file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Unfortunately, once a song has been deleted from both the playlist and hard drive, it is not possible to save it back onto the hard drive through the checking in process. The purpose of checking in songs is to remove them from the device and free up space, so there is no way to retrieve them once they have been deleted.

If you still have the original song files saved on your computer or another device, you can transfer them back onto the hard drive. However, if the original files have also been deleted, it may not be possible to recover them.

In the future, it may be helpful to create backups of your music files to prevent loss in case of accidental deletions. This can be done by saving the files onto an external hard drive or cloud storage. Additionally, some music streaming services allow you to re-download previously purchased or uploaded songs, so that could be an option as well.

I understand the frustration of losing songs that you now need back on your hard drive. I hope this information helps and I wish you the best of luck in finding a solution.

1. Can I save a "Checking In" song onto my hard drive if the original song file is deleted?

Yes, you can save a "Checking In" song onto your hard drive even if the original song file is deleted. This is because the song is stored locally on your device and does not require the original file to be accessed.

2. Will the song quality be affected if I save it onto my hard drive?

No, saving a "Checking In" song onto your hard drive will not affect the song quality. The song will be saved as it is, with no changes to its audio quality.

3. Can I transfer the "Checking In" song from my hard drive to another device?

Yes, you can transfer the "Checking In" song from your hard drive to another device as long as the device supports the file format of the song. You can also convert the song into a different file format if needed.

4. Do I need an internet connection to save a "Checking In" song onto my hard drive?

No, you do not need an internet connection to save a "Checking In" song onto your hard drive. The song is already stored on your device and can be accessed anytime, even without an internet connection.

5. How much storage space do I need to save a "Checking In" song onto my hard drive?

The amount of storage space needed to save a "Checking In" song onto your hard drive depends on the file size of the song. Generally, an average song takes up around 3-5 MB of storage space. It is recommended to have at least 1 GB of free space on your hard drive to store multiple songs.