Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematica Chisquare fit to multiple data sets

1. Aug 4, 2017 #1

CAF123

Gold Member

I am looking to perform a ##\chi^2## fit to more than one data set in mathematica, I just wondered how one would set this up?

Given some non-linear ansatz function ##F## depending on some parameters ##a,b,c## to describe all sets of data, i.e ##F = F_z(x,a,b,c)## I want to do a ##\chi^2## fit that will take all sets of data into account to get the best fit values of the parameters. So I just wondered how to do this in mathematica?

In the plot attached, the x argument above corresponds to the x axis and F is the predicted value along the y axis. The upper most band of data corresponds to some value of z and the lower band of data corresponds to another value of z. a,b,c are my parameters that I would like the best estimate for. So essentially I'm looking for some simultaneous non-linear minimisation routine.

I am fairly new to mathematica so still getting to grips with it so apologies if my question is too simple from the outset.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 9, 2017 #2
    Thanks for the thread! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post? The more details the better.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted