Circuit analysis involving parallel and series conditions

In summary, parallel and series circuits have different ways of connecting components, with parallel circuits allowing for multiple paths for current to flow and series circuits only having one path. To calculate total resistance in a parallel circuit, you add up the reciprocal of each individual resistance. If one component fails in a parallel circuit, the current will continue to flow through the remaining components. In a series circuit, the total current is the same at all points and can be calculated using Ohm's Law. Parallel and series connections are used for different purposes, with parallel connections allowing for independent operation and series connections used for controlling current or voltage drops.
asd852
Homework Statement
when we say two components in circuit are in parallelries,there are prerequisite for the components,for example,we cant state that two nodes are in parallel,so what exactly are the prerequiste
Relevant Equations
no specific
jff.png
par

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Two branches of a circuit are said to be in parallel if they are connected between the same two nodes, with no intermediate connections to either branch.

What is the difference between parallel and series circuits?

In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in separate branches, allowing the current to flow through each branch independently. In a series circuit, the components are connected one after another, with the same current flowing through each component.

How do I calculate the total resistance in a parallel circuit?

The total resistance in a parallel circuit is calculated by taking the reciprocal of each individual resistance, adding them together, and then taking the reciprocal of the sum. This can be represented by the formula 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ...

What is the voltage drop across each component in a series circuit?

In a series circuit, the voltage drop across each component is equal to the total voltage of the circuit. This is because the same current flows through each component, and according to Ohm's law, V = IR.

How do I determine the total current in a series circuit?

In a series circuit, the total current is equal to the sum of the currents flowing through each component. This can be represented by the formula It = I1 + I2 + I3 + ...

What happens to the total resistance in a series circuit when more resistors are added?

In a series circuit, the total resistance increases as more resistors are added. This is because the total resistance is the sum of all individual resistances, and adding more resistors increases the total sum.