Circuits for all noise generator

In summary, this person is looking for a circuit diagram for a white noise generator that can change between all the colors of sound.
fpop
i am trying to find a circuit diagram for a noise generator that can change between all the colours of sound. it is driving me made and was wondering if anybody can help please

Engineering news on Phys.org
There was a thread about white noise a little bit ago.

Long story short, you can filter white noise into the other colors.

http://rane.com/par-n.html#noise_color

Last edited by a moderator:
i need to get a circuit diagram for the filters and how to switch between them

fpop said:
i need to get a circuit diagram for the filters and how to switch between them
I googled gyrator audio filter and got lots of hits. Here's a pretty good one to start you off:

http://www.rane.com/note122.html

fpop - if you know how to use an opamp then its somewhat simple, you can search for lots of circuit diagrams for filters. You simply switch between the outputs or could build a simple mixer to fade between them.

What is this for?

If you're demonstrating something, a computer with software like Cool Edit (now Adobe Audition or something) will let you generate and filter the signal to your heart's content in seconds and will be very easy to use in comparison.

If you're doing something with audio gear, pink noise is the standard color because of its similarity to human hearing that roughly deems equal power per octave to be a 'flat' response. Look up Fletcher-Munson for a lot more detail on how the amplitude level affects this relationship.

i need it for school i have to design and build a white noise generator that can switch between the colours using filters but i think I am out of my depth

Sounds a little advanced. I found this diagram and it uses a three op-amps (ignore the bottom half of the pic).
http://www.synthfool.com/schematics/polynoise.gif

You could just use a regular SPDT switch to go between the two colors but would need an output suitable for driving a speaker (if you don't have a power amp) and you also need a power supply for the opamps.

I would think there would be an easier way to accomplish the task.

I too need http://www.speechprivacysystems.com/white-noise" to sleep and i always use an oscillating fan for years now as the noise of it puts me to sleep easily and also blocks out any background noise at nite i.e. car alarms, train whistle, dog barking etc.

Related to Circuits for all noise generator

1. How does a circuit for a noise generator work?

A circuit for a noise generator works by using electronic components such as resistors, capacitors, and transistors to generate random electrical signals. These signals are then amplified and filtered to produce a noise signal.

2. What is the purpose of a noise generator circuit?

The purpose of a noise generator circuit is to produce a random noise signal that can be used in various applications such as testing electronic devices, creating sound effects, and generating random numbers for cryptography.

3. Can a circuit for a noise generator produce different types of noise?

Yes, a circuit for a noise generator can produce various types of noise such as white noise, pink noise, and brown noise. These types of noise have different frequency spectra and can be used for different purposes.

4. How is a noise generator circuit different from a traditional oscillator circuit?

A noise generator circuit differs from a traditional oscillator circuit in that it does not produce a stable, repetitive signal. Instead, it generates a random, non-repeating signal. Also, a noise generator does not require a feedback loop like an oscillator does.

5. Are there any safety concerns when using a circuit for a noise generator?

As with any electronic circuit, there are potential safety concerns when using a noise generator. It is important to follow proper safety precautions and use the circuit as intended to avoid any potential hazards. Additionally, noise generators can produce high-frequency signals that may interfere with other electronic devices, so it is important to use them in a controlled environment.