Solve for Circuit Current with Empty Tank - Easy Circuits Homework Explanation

• Thread starter physicsbhelp
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Circuits
In summary, a circuit is a closed loop through which electricity can flow and is made up of a power source, wires, and various components. Series circuits have all components connected in one loop, while parallel circuits have them in separate branches. Total resistance in a series circuit is the sum of individual resistances, while in a parallel circuit it is calculated using 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ... AC circuits have electricity that changes direction, while DC circuits have electricity that flows in one direction. Troubleshooting a faulty circuit involves checking connections, using a multimeter to test voltage and resistance, and replacing damaged components.
physicsbhelp
[SOLVED] Circuits! VERY EASY BUT HELP NEEDED!

Homework Statement

(a) Find the current in the circuit when the tank is empty.
Well for part a) i did 12V=115*I and for I i got 9.583 Amps and that came wrong

Attachments

• Circuits Diagram.doc
    23.5 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
physicsbhelp said:
Well for part a) i did 12V=115*I and for I i got 9.583 Amps and that came wrong.

Your equation is right, you just made a simple math error. To solve for I, you have to divide by 115. You divided 12 into 115, which is wrong.

O whoops! haha, thanks.

Related to Solve for Circuit Current with Empty Tank - Easy Circuits Homework Explanation

What is a circuit?

A circuit is a closed loop or pathway through which electricity can flow. It typically consists of a power source, wires, and various components such as resistors, capacitors, and switches.

What is the difference between a series and parallel circuit?

In a series circuit, all of the components are connected one after another in a single loop. In a parallel circuit, the components are connected in separate branches, allowing multiple pathways for electricity to flow.

How do I calculate the total resistance in a series or parallel circuit?

In a series circuit, the total resistance is equal to the sum of all individual resistances. In a parallel circuit, the total resistance is calculated using the formula 1/Rt = 1/R1 + 1/R2 + 1/R3 + ..., where Rt is the total resistance and R1, R2, R3, etc. are the individual resistances.

What is the difference between AC and DC circuits?

AC (alternating current) circuits have electricity that flows in both directions, constantly changing its polarity. DC (direct current) circuits have electricity that flows in only one direction, maintaining a constant polarity.

How do I troubleshoot a faulty circuit?

First, check all connections to make sure they are secure. Then, use a multimeter to test the voltage and resistance at various points in the circuit. If there is an open or short circuit, check the components for damage and replace as needed.