Looking for a Classical Mechanics Book by Goldstein?

In summary, the conversation was about finding a book on the style of Classical Mechanics by Goldstein, with the original poster mentioning a book by Marion as a possibility before asking for a book by an Indian author. The conversation ended with the request for a soft copy of the book, which was not provided due to site guidelines against sharing illegal downloads.
Ghulam Farid
I need a book written just on the style of Classical Mechanics by Goldstein. I don't remember the book name and author but it is just the copy of the book Classical Mechanics by Goldstein. Please guide.

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:
I downloaded it from scribd or bookfi some days ago but my windows get corrupt and I lost the book.

I found this one searching on classical physics book indian author:

http://www.bookadda.com/books/classical-mechanics-gupta-kumar-9350067137-9789350067130

jedishrfu said:
I found this one searching on classical physics book indian author:

http://www.bookadda.com/books/classical-mechanics-gupta-kumar-9350067137-9789350067130
I think so. Can you give its soft copy?

Please be aware that we do not provide links to illegal downloads of any textbooks and we actively delete and discourage any of our members from doing so.

Please take some time to read our site guidelines (see the link in my signature) so you will understand what we can and can't do here.

Likes Ghulam Farid

1. What is classical mechanics?

Classical mechanics is a branch of physics that deals with the motion of objects and the forces that act upon them, using Newton's laws of motion and the principles of energy and momentum.

2. Who is the author of the Classical Mechanics book?

The author of the Classical Mechanics book is Sir Isaac Newton, a renowned physicist and mathematician who is often referred to as the father of classical mechanics.

3. What are the main topics covered in the Classical Mechanics book?

The Classical Mechanics book covers topics such as kinematics, dynamics, energy, momentum, and rotational motion, as well as applications of these principles to real-world scenarios.

4. Is the Classical Mechanics book suitable for beginners?

Yes, the Classical Mechanics book is suitable for beginners as it starts with the basic principles and gradually builds up to more complex concepts, making it accessible to readers with little to no prior knowledge of physics.

5. What makes the Classical Mechanics book a fundamental text in physics?

The Classical Mechanics book is considered a fundamental text in physics because it laid the foundation for modern physics and is still used today to understand the behavior of macroscopic objects, despite being published over 300 years ago.