Electrons' Angular Velocity in Atomic Structure: Examining the Same V?

In summary, the conversation discusses the representation of velocity in special relativity and how it applies to the angular velocity of electrons in atomic structure. The concept of matter traveling at the speed of light and its implications, as well as the limitations of the Bohr model and the need to understand quantum mechanics, are also mentioned. The conversation ends with a discussion about the potential limitations of relativity and the concept of speculation in relation to it.
MARTIN LOPEZ
In special relativity the clock hands velocity is represented by:

V = v0*(1-v2/c2)^1/2

then:

What happen with electrons angular velocity in atomic structure?

It may be the same?:

V = v0*(1-v2/c2)^1/2

if this could be true

what happen with matter?

Physics news on Phys.org
MARTIN LOPEZ said:
What happen with electrons angular velocity in atomic structure?

The Bohr model of the atom, with electrons traveling in definite orbits, has been obsolete since about 1925. You need to learn about quantum mechanics.

Anyway if electrons are in motion in atomic structure.
what happen with this motion, for example at the speed of light?
and what happen with matter, again?

Just figure out how the system behaves in its own rest frame, then use the Lorentz transformation (or time dilation + length contraction + relativity of simultaneity) to figure out how it behaves in a frame where it's moving at speed v.

ok. length contraction, time dilation, but matter?

I think matter vanish.....

MARTIN LOPEZ said:
ok. length contraction, time dilation, but matter?

I think matter vanish.....
Matter with nonzero rest mass can't travel at the speed of light in SR--if you try to accelerate a given mass to some velocity v, as v approaches c the energy you need to accelerate it to that speed approaches infinity.

May be I try to explain little things that relativity doesn´t explain yet (but according to relativity), but I can continue, everything I say after this will be called speculative.

That's kinda the definition of speculative, yes. However, what you've said about traveling at C is not beyond what Relativity discusses, it just contradicts it.

What is an electron's angular velocity?

An electron's angular velocity is the rate at which it rotates around the nucleus of an atom. It is measured in radians per second.

How is an electron's angular velocity related to its energy level?

The higher an electron's energy level, the faster its angular velocity will be. This is because electrons in higher energy levels are further from the nucleus and experience weaker attractive forces, allowing them to move at higher speeds.

Is an electron's angular velocity constant?

No, an electron's angular velocity can vary depending on its energy level and the strength of the attractive forces from the nucleus. It may also change when the electron transitions to a different energy level or interacts with other particles.

Can an electron's angular velocity be calculated?

Yes, an electron's angular velocity can be calculated using the formula v = √(k/me), where v is the velocity, k is the Coulomb constant, and me is the electron's mass. However, this formula only applies to a simplified model of the atom and may not accurately reflect the true angular velocity of an electron.

How does an electron's angular velocity affect its behavior in an atom?

An electron's angular velocity plays a crucial role in determining its behavior in an atom. It determines the size and shape of an electron's orbital, as well as its energy and interactions with other particles. It also affects the emission and absorption of electromagnetic radiation by an atom.