Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,331 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
I saw this hilarious clip on facebook today...
...and very well selected music to it...
(be sure to unmute the audio if muted)
...the text is in Swedish, but it says:
"Why aren't you out getting some exercise?
Me: "
...and very well selected music to it...
...the text is in Swedish, but it says:
"Why aren't you out getting some exercise?
Me: "
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
You can't marry Tattoo: The plane, the plane!BillTre said:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Another fun hack is to shake people's hands when wearing it, and seeing their faces when it pulls out of your hand.Borg said:
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
- 3,212
- 3,841
My first thought when I saw this was "Hound Dog Taylor."Borg said:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hound_Dog_Taylor
Theodore Roosevelt "Hound Dog" Taylor (April 12, 1915 – December 17, 1975) was an American Chicago blues guitarist and singer.[2]
Taylor was born in Natchez, Mississippi, in 1915, though some sources say 1917. He first played the piano and began playing the guitar when he was 20. He moved to Chicago in 1942.
Taylor had a condition known as polydactylism, which resulted in him having six fingers on both hands. As is usual with the condition, the extra digits were rudimentary nubbins and could not be moved. One night, while drunk, he cut off the extra digit on his right hand using a straight razor.[3]
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,799
- 2,202
Here I distract mildly, but while checking wikipedia to search, the word spelled "polydactylism" is not appearing in the search field but "polydactyly" and others like this are. If keep and use "polycactylism" and do the search, the resulting page rendered is titled "polydactyly".
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,694
- 9,084
-isms are beliefs. Are you a practicing polydactylist?symbolipoint said:Here I distract mildly, but while checking wikipedia to search, the word spelled "polydactylism" is not appearing in the search field but "polydactyly" and others like this are. If keep and use "polycactylism" and do the search, the resulting page rendered is titled "polydactyly".
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,799
- 2,202
I rechecked that referenced wikipedia article, and the terminology used in the article is "polydactylism". I was just going by that. I would not be surprised if the better word is "polydactyly".DaveC426913 said:-isms are beliefs. Are you a practicing polydactylist?
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,694
- 9,084
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYOYWWGD said:New Philosophy radio station: WYOY.
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
It's the ' Lame Jokes' section, not required Edit: Expcted, to be factual.DaveC426913 said:
Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,694
- 9,084
Yeah. No.WWGD said:It's the ' Lame Jokes' section, not required Edit: Expcted, to be factual.
I didn't get the joke so I thought I'd Google it to see if it was an
Turns out there really is a radio station called WYOY (which, I expect, surprised you too).
But I still don't get the joke...
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
WYOW ~ (approximately) " Why, oh, why", as a philosophical inquiry. Ive spiraled down to jokes so lame they require explanation.DaveC426913 said:Yeah. No.
I didn't get the joke so I thought I'd Google it to see if it was anacronyminitialism I I was missing or something.
Turns out there really is a radio station called WYOY (which, I expect, surprised you too).
But I still don't get the joke...
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,799
- 2,202
I was viewing varieties of videos a few days ago and on one of them was discussion about dogs bark versus wolves not bark; but part of the discussion included the statement that for environmental strategic purposes, wolves puff instead of bark. Today while reading this "Lame Jokes" section, I felt a reminder of a radio station (not know if still exists today) called KPFK. My thought became, "what if you try to pronounce this?" It may sound like a sort of "puff". (kuPUFk).
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Wonder what KFKA would be like, about ( Kafka).symbolipoint said:I was viewing varieties of videos a few days ago and on one of them was discussion about dogs bark versus wolves not bark; but part of the discussion included the statement that for environmental strategic purposes, wolves puff instead of bark. Today while reading this "Lame Jokes" section, I felt a reminder of a radio station (not know if still exists today) called KPFK. My thought became, "what if you try to pronounce this?" It may sound like a sort of "puff". (kuPUFk).
- 13,923
- 16,801
Man who stab puppet frog, Kermit murder.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,694
- 9,084
Considered on this side of the pond one of the funniest moments in televison history.WWGD said:\Whoosh.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,517
There's also one called WINO... not in Napa Valley CA, but in Watkins Glen NY (Finger Lakes region which also has a lot of wineries).DaveC426913 said:Turns out there really is a radio station called WYOY (which, I expect, surprised you )
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8