Collection of Science Jokes P2

  • Thread starter Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes Science
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4,104 replies · 526K views
berkeman said:
... and my favorite recent version:

How can an earthquake in A cause a tsunami warning in B?

1754588185384.webp
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix and BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
1755202438932.webp


Although it would have been a lot better if they could have been in a snowbank with that pillar...
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: ohwilleke, Ibix, phinds and 1 other person
I have just seen a tshirt featuring Schrödinger's Opossum. You don't know if it's alive or dead even after opening the box.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ohwilleke, Borg, Jonathan Scott and 4 others
Found unattributed on Facebook:
1756337485206.webp
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Demystifier and BillTre
On a traffic stop the cop asks Professor Shrödinger if it's okay to search his trunk. With permission he proceeds. Afterwards the cop says "Professor, do you realize there's a dead cat in your trunk?"

Shrödinger replies, "Well, there is now".
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: jack action, ohwilleke and BillTre
Meanwhile, at the alternative universe hillbilly redneck research institute,

Heisenberg on visiting his friend: I'm not sure, but I am certain your cat is dead.
Schrödinger poking it with a stick: I think so. Been like that for 3 days now..
 
Did you hear about the quantum physicist who fainted? Unconsciousness causes collapse.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, collinsmark and BillTre
DaveC426913 said:
Us - mere sexagenarians.

Thanks for ruining my day.

Until now, it had never crossed my mind that I've been a sexagenarian for quite a while now.

And don't anyone trot out that old joke about how it sounds like more fun than it is.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and ohwilleke
Swamp Thing said:
Until now, it had never crossed my mind that I've been a sexagenarian for quite a while now
Maybe it has crossed my mind that I'm a sexagenarian, but I've forgotten.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and Swamp Thing
jack action said:
Can anyone attest that this is peer reviewed?

​

So I found out that this theory applies to the other sex in a similar way as well:

​
 
For @phinds and other xylophiles.

1757360283760.webp

A person with two watches is never sure what time it is, especially if I got them one of the watches.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: phinds and collinsmark
A binary star system is when it has either 0 or 1 stars.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, DaveC426913, Ivan Seeking and 3 others
BillTre said:
A binary star system is when it has either 0 or 1 stars.
No, it has 10.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, nuuskur, DaveC426913 and 3 others