Can You Crack This Challenging Math Puzzle?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a problem that required creating a graph and assigning variables in order to solve it. The problem involved three overlapping categories and a hint was given to use something learned in class to visually represent it. The problem was eventually solved with the given hint.
adventuretime

Homework Statement

[PLAIN]http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5284/scan0003xp.jpg

Homework Equations

There are none?

The Attempt at a Solution

I have tried to solve this problem via making a graph, trying to outright solve the problem, i have also tried to assign variables, and logically think the problem through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Edit:

I just noticed this is a take home exam, so I'm only going to give you a vague hint.

You know you have three categories, and you know that those categories overlap. Is there anything you learned in class that could visually show 3 overlapping categories?

Last edited:
Thank you very much, I was able to solve this particular problem with your hint :)

1. What is a complex math logic problem?

A complex math logic problem refers to a mathematical question or puzzle that involves multiple steps and requires logical reasoning to solve. These problems often involve multiple mathematical concepts and require critical thinking skills to arrive at the correct answer.

2. How do you approach solving a complex math logic problem?

The best approach to solving a complex math logic problem is to break it down into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying the important information given in the problem and determine what mathematical concepts are needed to solve it. Then, work through the problem step by step, using logic and critical thinking to find the solution.

3. What are some common strategies for solving complex math logic problems?

Some common strategies for solving complex math logic problems include drawing diagrams or making tables to organize information, working backwards from the answer, and using trial and error to test different solutions. It's also important to carefully read and understand the problem, and to check your work for errors.

4. How can I improve my skills in solving complex math logic problems?

Practice is key to improving your skills in solving complex math logic problems. Seek out challenging problems to solve, and work through them using different strategies. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or tutor to discuss different approaches and solutions.

5. What are some real-world applications of complex math logic problems?

Complex math logic problems can be found in various fields such as computer science, engineering, and economics. They are used to model and solve real-world problems, such as optimizing resources, analyzing data, and designing algorithms. Additionally, critical thinking and logical reasoning skills developed through solving these problems can be applied to many aspects of life and decision-making.