Checking Your Homework: Solving the Equation in the Picture

In summary, to solve the equation in the picture, you will need to simplify both sides, isolate the variable, and check your solution. If you get a different answer than the one in the picture, double check your work and ask for help if needed. A calculator can be used to solve the equation, but it is important to show your work. If you are having trouble solving the equation, review basic algebra rules and ask for assistance. While there may be shortcuts for certain equations, it is important to fully understand the steps involved in solving an equation.
temaire

Homework Statement

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/1289/archbw3.jpg​
[/URL]

Homework Equations

Formula on picture above.

The Attempt at a Solution

I am just wondering if I got the answer right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, it's correct.

As a scientist, it is important to always double check your work to ensure accuracy. In this case, the equation in the picture is a simple algebraic equation and it is important to follow the correct order of operations while solving it. Additionally, it is important to carefully substitute values for variables and check for any potential errors in calculations. It is also helpful to consider the context of the problem and whether the solution makes sense in that context. If all steps are followed correctly, the final answer should be correct. However, if there are any doubts, it is always a good idea to seek assistance from a teacher or peer to confirm the solution.

1. How do I solve the equation in the picture?

In order to solve the equation in the picture, you will need to follow the basic rules of algebra. Begin by simplifying both sides of the equation by combining like terms. Then, use inverse operations to isolate the variable on one side of the equation. Finally, check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation.

2. What if I get a different answer than the one in the picture?

If you get a different answer than the one in the picture, it is possible that you made a mistake in your calculations. Double check your work and make sure you followed all the steps correctly. If you are still unsure, you can ask a teacher or classmate for help.

3. Can I use a calculator to solve the equation?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve the equation. However, it is important to show your work and not just rely on the calculator's answer. This will help you identify any mistakes and better understand the steps involved in solving the equation.

4. What if I can't solve the equation?

If you are having trouble solving the equation, don't worry! It is always a good idea to review the basic rules of algebra and practice with simpler equations before tackling more complex ones. You can also ask a teacher or classmate for assistance.

5. Are there any shortcuts for solving equations?

While there may be some shortcuts for specific types of equations, it is important to fully understand the steps involved in solving an equation. This will help you in the long run and ensure that you are able to solve any type of equation that comes your way.