Control of Axial flux synchronous machine

In summary, the control of an axial flux synchronous machine is similar to the control of a radial flux machine, with the exception of the power supply.
rayallenvn
Hi all,
Just a quick question about control of axial flux synchronous machine. Does it follow more or less the same technique ( which include PWM, inverter and dq transformation )? Is there any major difference from control of radial flux machine?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Likes tayeb
Engineering news on Phys.org
Thanks for the post! Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Terms radial and axial flux machine refer to topology/geometry difference between rotatating electrical machines: different orientation of field lines with respect to axis of rotation. This hasn't got much to do with means used power or control machines.

hi please i need doc for my project
""axial flow synchronous machine control ""

tayeb said:
hi please i need doc for my project
""axial flow synchronous machine control ""
If only the world was so simple, it is a big wide world out here. You will need to narrow down your question to some particular field of technology.
So you have a fluid “F” flowing along the axis “A” of a machine “M” that is somehow synchronous to “S”. Once you identify just what F, A, M and S are we will be able to help you.

Likes tayeb
thanks"" please my project is " control of synchronous motor with axial flow " so i need the modelling and simulation of synchronous machine with axial flow help please.

en français ' commande de moteur synchrone à flux axial '

Last edited by a moderator:
it's the world only

Baluncorec""" thanks a lot for your help."""please if you have any other article 'it will be great ,thanks again

I used google.
Google is also your friend.

Likes tayeb
i need MATLAB simulation please

thanks a lot for your help ' please my project is about 'axial flux permanent magnet synchronous machine it's the same:nb) ?? thanks :oldsmile:

rayallenvn said:
Hi all,
Just a quick question about control of axial flux synchronous machine. Does it follow more or less the same technique ( which include PWM, inverter and dq transformation )? Is there any major difference from control of radial flux machine?
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
what you have found please

tayeb said:
what you have found please

Show us your work so far please. This is your project, after all. You have been given some good pointers and hints so far, but have not shown any effort on your part so far...

1. What is an axial flux synchronous machine?

An axial flux synchronous machine is an electric motor or generator that has its magnetic flux flowing parallel to the axis of rotation. This design allows for a more compact and efficient machine compared to traditional radial flux machines.

2. How is the axial flux synchronous machine controlled?

The control of an axial flux synchronous machine involves regulating the voltage and frequency of the power supply to achieve the desired speed and torque. This can be done through various control techniques such as field-oriented control, direct torque control, and sensorless control.

3. What are the advantages of using an axial flux synchronous machine?

Some advantages of axial flux synchronous machines include higher power density, improved efficiency, and lower cogging torque. They also have better heat dissipation and can operate at higher speeds compared to radial flux machines.

4. How does the control of axial flux synchronous machines differ from that of other types of electric motors?

The control of axial flux synchronous machines is unique because of their unique design and configuration. The control techniques used for these machines are tailored to their specific characteristics, such as the use of multiple stator and rotor windings, and the ability to control the magnetic flux direction.

5. What are some applications of axial flux synchronous machines?

Axial flux synchronous machines are commonly used in applications where high power density and efficiency are critical, such as in electric vehicles, wind turbines, and industrial machinery. They are also used in renewable energy systems and aerospace technology.