Convert EAS to TAS: Equations and Solution for a Boeing 747 at 10,000m Altitude

  • Thread starter Thread starter lufbrajames
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Convert
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
lufbrajames
Messages
49
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Hi, I am really stuck on this problem, I've been finding equations to convert the EAS to TAS but none of them have temperature involved.




2) A Boeing 747 is cruising at an altitude of 10,000m the pilot looks at the air speed indicator (calibrated for ISA) which shows an EAS of 450 knts. If the sea level pressure is 101530 Pa and the temperature is 20 oC, calculate the True Air Speed (TAS) of the aircraft.

Homework Equations




the equation I've found is

EAS = TAS * sqrt(actual air density / standard air density)


The Attempt at a Solution



the values I've got don't fit into the equation ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org