Solving Hysteresis Loops with Brown's Equation

In summary, the author is studying the problem of micromagnetics using the equation Brown's derived from minimizing energy. The equation is quite challenging to use, but if you can find and read Bertotti's book on the subject, it may help.
chethapcamhnvn
Dear every one,

I'm studying on micromagnetics problem using Brown's equation for static solving case, this equation derived from minimization of energy and it allows us to obtain a hysteresis loop of a magnetic material.

All of my documents only say that from Brown's equation, we can calculate the hysteresis curve but don't show how to obtain the curve in detail.

Could you explain, introduce or give me some documents about how to calculate the hysteresis loop from Brown's equation? Thank you very much.

My email address is chethapcamhnvn@yahoo.com

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you read Giorgio Bertotti's book, "Hysteresis in Magnetism" ? See if you can find it in the nearest university library.

The basic idea, if I'm not mistaken, is that you start with the free energy U(X,Ha) and look for local minima that correspond to metastable states. The minimizaton must be carried out over the large phase-space consisting of all possible magnetization configurations - which is what makes the whole calculation quite challenging. Brown's Equations give you the minimization condition for a given configuration.

Gokul43201 said:
Have you read Giorgio Bertotti's book, "Hysteresis in Magnetism" ? See if you can find it in the nearest university library.

The basic idea, if I'm not mistaken, is that you start with the free energy U(X,Ha) and look for local minima that correspond to metastable states. The minimizaton must be carried out over the large phase-space consisting of all possible magnetization configurations - which is what makes the whole calculation quite challenging. Brown's Equations give you the minimization condition for a given configuration.

You are right but I haven't read Giorgio Bertotti's book, "Hysteresis in Magnetism" yet. It's very difficult for me to have the book because I'm in VietNam now , what a pity! A question that I'm concentrating on is how to use Brown's equation to solve the problem.
Thank you very much in any way.
Mr chethapcamhnvn.

1. What is hysteresis and why is it important to study?

Hysteresis refers to the phenomenon where the output of a system depends not only on its current input, but also on its past inputs. This can be seen in various physical systems, such as magnetic materials and electronic circuits. It is important to study because understanding hysteresis can provide insights into the behavior of these systems and help improve their performance.

2. What is Brown's equation and how is it used to solve hysteresis loops?

Brown's equation is a mathematical model that describes the behavior of hysteresis loops. It takes into account the input signal, the system's response, and the history of the input and output. It is used to solve hysteresis loops by simulating the behavior of a system and predicting its response to different inputs.

3. What are the limitations of using Brown's equation to solve hysteresis loops?

One limitation of Brown's equation is that it assumes a symmetric hysteresis loop, which may not always be the case in real-world systems. It also does not take into account any external factors that may affect the system's behavior. Additionally, it may be difficult to accurately determine the parameters used in the equation.

4. Can Brown's equation be applied to all types of hysteresis?

No, Brown's equation is specifically designed for systems with rate-independent hysteresis. This means that the output of the system does not depend on the rate at which the input changes. It may not be applicable to systems with rate-dependent hysteresis, where the output is affected by the rate of change of the input.

5. How can solving hysteresis loops with Brown's equation be beneficial in practical applications?

Solving hysteresis loops with Brown's equation can provide valuable insights into the behavior of various physical systems, such as magnetic materials and electronic circuits. This can help engineers and scientists optimize the design and performance of these systems. It can also be useful in predicting and correcting any issues that may arise due to hysteresis in these systems.