Fixing CSS Issues: Troubleshooting Formatting Disappearance on PF

• Bug
  • Thread starter Ibix
  • Start date
In summary, there were issues with formatting and missing icons in the editor after updating to PHP 7.4 on PF. However, the issues seem to have been resolved and the icons are back for most users. There may still be some cache issues that need to be cleared out.
Ibix
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Help! All the formatting's vanished from PF! It looks like this:

1627853142580.png

Is it just me?

Likes WWGD
Physics news on Phys.org
I updated to PHP 7.4 and it totally busted everything. Looks mostly back to normal now, but the editor toolbar is missing icons.

Likes Ibix
Not alone. Greg has advised me all should be fixed now

Never mind - the instant I post this it's mostly back. The buttons are still missing in the editor, but I guess work's in progress.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I updated to PHP 7.4 and it totally busted everything. Looks mostly back to normal now, but the editor toolbar is missing icons.
Thanks. Looks like the SA/HH etc badges are missing too.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I think there is a cascade of cache issues now we need to clear out.
I'll stop distracting you, then. 😁 Good luck.

Greg Bernhardt said:
icons are back for me
Mine were not when I first visited but came back after refreshing.

Likes pinball1970

1. Why is my CSS not working on my PF page?

There could be several reasons for this. Some common causes include incorrect syntax in your CSS code, conflicts with other CSS styles, or a caching issue. Double check your code for any errors and try clearing your browser cache to see if that resolves the issue.

2. How do I troubleshoot formatting disappearance on my PF page?

First, check to see if there are any errors in your CSS code. Next, use your browser's developer tools to inspect the elements on your page and see if there are any conflicting styles. You can also try disabling any other CSS styles or plugins on your page to see if that resolves the issue.

3. Why are my CSS changes not showing up on my PF page?

If you have made changes to your CSS code and they are not showing up on your PF page, it could be due to a caching issue. Try clearing your browser cache or using a private browsing window to see the updated changes.

4. How can I fix broken CSS on my PF page?

Broken CSS can be caused by a variety of issues, such as incorrect syntax, missing or incorrect file paths, or conflicting styles. Check your code for any errors and make sure all file paths are correct. You can also use your browser's developer tools to troubleshoot and identify any issues.

5. What can I do if my CSS is not responsive on my PF page?

If your CSS is not responsive on your PF page, it could be due to incorrect media queries or a lack of responsive design in your code. Make sure you have properly set up media queries for different screen sizes and test your page on different devices to ensure it is responsive.