Does anyone know how set the range and plot?

In summary, setting a range and plot in scientific research is crucial for accurately representing data and visualizing patterns and relationships. The process of setting a range and plot may vary, but generally involves selecting the appropriate range and using the plotting function. Changes to the range and plot can be made after collecting data, but this must be done carefully to maintain accuracy. A linear plot is useful for displaying data that changes at a steady rate, while a logarithmic plot is better for data that changes exponentially. The appropriate range for data depends on the variables and patterns being studied and may require consultation with experts in the field.
flyingpig

Homework Statement

In Mathematica, how do you set the range for the z-axis and how to implicity plot 3D graphs without writing them as f(x,y) or f(x,y,z)?

Also is it possible to make the graph show the axis?

Physics news on Phys.org
Go to "Help" and type in Plot3D. It'll give you all the information you want!

1. What is the purpose of setting a range and plot in scientific research?

Setting a range and plot is important in scientific research because it allows for a clear and accurate representation of data. It helps to visualize patterns and relationships between variables, making it easier to draw conclusions and make predictions.

2. How do I set the range and plot in my experiment?

The process of setting a range and plot can vary depending on the specific experiment and the software being used. In general, you will need to determine the appropriate range for your data and then use the plotting function to create a visual representation of the data. Make sure to carefully select the correct variables and labels to accurately represent your data.

3. Can I change the range and plot after collecting data?

Yes, it is possible to change the range and plot after collecting data. However, it is important to carefully consider the impact of any changes on the accuracy and validity of your results. In some cases, it may be necessary to re-collect data if significant changes are made to the range and plot.

4. What is the difference between a linear and logarithmic plot?

A linear plot shows data on a straight line, with equal intervals between each point on the graph. This is useful for displaying data that increases or decreases at a steady rate. A logarithmic plot, on the other hand, uses a logarithmic scale to display data that increases or decreases exponentially. This can be useful for visualizing large ranges of data that cover several orders of magnitude.

5. How can I determine the appropriate range for my data?

The appropriate range for your data will depend on the specific variables and the patterns or relationships you are trying to visualize. It is important to consider the minimum and maximum values of your data, as well as any outliers or extreme values. It may also be helpful to consult with a statistician or other experts in your field for guidance on selecting the best range for your data.