1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Electric field between two separated metallic balls.

1. Dec 15, 2008 #1
    What is the electric field between two isolated metallic balls separated by a distance L, one having charge +Q and one having charge -Q?

(Ball one and ball two have a surface charge 'sigma 1' and 'sigma 2' respectively).

The +Q ball has a larger radius than the -Q ball.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 16, 2008 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi klackeos! Welcome to PF! :smile:

Show us what you've tried, and where you're stuck, and then we'll know how to help. :wink:

4. Dec 17, 2008 #3
    This is not a 'HW problem.'

5. Dec 17, 2008 #4

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Really? Then why are you asking the question?

6. Dec 17, 2008 #5
    Pure academic curiosity, it is something I dreamed up. I just don't know PF's rules, I will post all questions in the HW section from now on. I don't want to start trouble.
    Peace.

7. Dec 17, 2008 #6

Hootenanny

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

No problem. The Homework Forums should be used for all homework or textbook-style exercises. Your question falls under this category since it is a standard undergraduate exercise. For more general questions you may use the scientific forums.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?