Electric Potential: Is My Answer Correct?

In summary, the speaker is seeking confirmation on the correctness of their answer to a question they have received. They are unable to upload their entire solution and are asking for feedback from others who may have seen and solved the same question. They have received confirmation that their answer is correct.
asi123

Homework Statement

Hey guys.
So I got this question in the pic and also the answer I got.
I didn't upload the entire solution because I don't have my scanner until Sunday.
I'm not so sure about the solution and I bet some of you have already seen this question and solved it.
So my question is, is the answer correct?

10x.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 352
Physics news on Phys.org
asi123 said:

Homework Statement

Hey guys.
So I got this question in the pic and also the answer I got.
I didn't upload the entire solution because I don't have my scanner until Sunday.
I'm not so sure about the solution and I bet some of you have already seen this question and solved it.
So my question is, is the answer correct?

10x.
Yes, your final answer is correct.

Hootenanny said:
Yes, your final answer is correct.

10x.

FAQ: Electric Potential: Is My Answer Correct?

1. What is electric potential?

Electric potential is a measure of the amount of work needed to move an electric charge from one point to another in an electric field. It is also known as voltage and is measured in volts (V).

2. How is electric potential calculated?

Electric potential is calculated by dividing the work done in moving a charge by the magnitude of the charge. This can be represented by the equation V = W/Q, where V is electric potential, W is work, and Q is charge.

3. What is the difference between electric potential and electric potential energy?

Electric potential is a measure of the potential energy per unit charge at a specific point in an electric field. Electric potential energy, on the other hand, is the potential energy of a charge due to its position in an electric field. It is calculated by multiplying electric potential by the charge.

4. How does distance affect electric potential?

As distance increases between two charges, the electric potential decreases. This is because the electric field strength decreases with distance, resulting in a lower amount of work needed to move a charge between the two points.

5. How can I tell if my calculation of electric potential is correct?

You can check your calculation by using the equation V = W/Q and plugging in the values for work and charge. Make sure your units are consistent and verify that your answer has the correct units of volts (V).

Back