What is the solution to question 2 on energy conservation problems homework?

In summary, the conversation discusses a homework problem where the person is having trouble with question 2. They attempted to use the energy conservation rule to find the speed, but did not know how to find the angle after passing through. The problem involves a parabola with the form y=ax^2 and the point B at (2H,H), which can be used to find the slope at B and ultimately solve the problem. The person expresses gratitude for the helpful advice.
Mzaa

Homework Statement

https://www.img.in.th/image/VNYMHY
https://www.img.in.th/image/VNYKDv
This is my homework,but I have a problems with question no.2

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to used energy conservation rule to get that the speed is √2gh ,but I don't know how to know the angle after that passing through.

Physics news on Phys.org
The parabola has the form ## y=ax^2 ##. They give you that the point B is at ## (2H,H) ##. That will allow you to compute ## a ## and thereby get the slope at ## B ##.

Likes Mzaa
Thank you so much! I really forget to use parabola equation.
This is really helpful.

Likes Charles Link

Related to What is the solution to question 2 on energy conservation problems homework?

1. Why is energy conservation important?

Energy conservation is important because it helps reduce the use of non-renewable resources and decreases the negative impact on the environment. It also helps save money on energy bills and promotes sustainable living for future generations.

2. What are some common energy conservation problems?

Some common energy conservation problems include inefficient use of energy, lack of awareness or education about energy conservation, and outdated energy systems and infrastructure. Climate change and increasing energy demands also contribute to energy conservation problems.

3. How can individuals contribute to energy conservation?

Individuals can contribute to energy conservation by making small changes in their daily lives, such as turning off lights and appliances when not in use, using energy-efficient products, and choosing renewable energy sources. They can also educate themselves and others about the importance of energy conservation.

4. What role do businesses and industries play in energy conservation?

Businesses and industries play a significant role in energy conservation as they are responsible for a large portion of energy consumption. They can implement energy-efficient practices and technologies, invest in renewable energy sources, and educate their employees and customers about energy conservation.

5. How can governments address energy conservation problems?

Governments can address energy conservation problems by implementing policies and regulations that promote energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. They can also provide financial incentives for individuals and businesses to invest in energy conservation, and support research and development of new and sustainable energy technologies.