1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

English Homework

1. Oct 17, 2007 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Write an essay explaining opposing positions. I have selected from a list the issue of "Should intelligent design be taught in science classes as an alternative theory to evolution?"

2. Relevant equations

I discussed the paper with my professor and he said that "if I could find one" I could write my essay on a published debate of the issue.

3. The attempt at a solution

I have searched via Google for the key words Debate, Published, Written, Intelligent design, and Evolution. I haven't been able to find anything that looks like the statement/response type debate I was hoping for. I am here to see if someone can help guide me in the correct direction.

Regards,
    dale

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 17, 2007 #2
    Well I have access to my college databases which have tons of different articles and journals. Unfortunately I have no way to give you access to it but I can tell you where some were published so you can look in the archives. Here are a few articles, but you have to try and get them yourselves through the website archives.

'Intelligent design' about faith, not science" USA TODAY, December 7, 2005

Intelligent Design Might Be Meeting Its Maker" The New York Times, December 4, 2005

Debate on intelligent design becomes a clash of rights Those who want it taught cite free speech; opponents see wrongful religion use. Philadelphia Inquirer, November 2, 2005

Hope this helps.

4. Oct 18, 2007 #3
    While not exactly what I was looking for your suggestions certainly cements my suspicions that it would be hard to find a full debate published. I think the easiest and, more importantly, quickest thing for me to do is take the first article supporting each side I can find via Google. Thanks for the help but I think I will have to do the leg work myself on this. I am still open to directions towards a site that publishes debates but I am taking the quick/easy route on this paper. It is for English 101 after all.

Regards,
    dale

5. Oct 18, 2007 #4

J77

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?