Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics

• Thread starter Katerina
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Internship
In summary, the individual is seeking help in finding an internship in Europe, particularly in the fields of Computational Physics and Astrophysics. They mention being financially supported by the Erasmus scholarship and ask for recommendations in Holland. They are advised to search for internships online and through school departments, but to keep in mind that the search should typically start in January. They are also advised to look into courses and contact professors for opportunities. The Erasmus scholarship is mentioned again and the individual asks if anyone can provide more information or if there is a discussion site for students to share experiences. Finally, they are given specific suggestions for institutions to look into.
Katerina
Hi everybody,
I need help. I am looking for and internship in Europe. I will be financially suported by erasmus.
I like Computational Physics, Astrophysics. Do you have something to reccommned me in Holland?
Any advice is helpful!
Thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
I think your best bet is to scour the web looking for internships or summer programs in those areas. I would also poke around the school departments asking profs, looking at bulletin boards etc.

One thing to be aware of is that students usually do this search starting in January as doing it now may be too late.

An alternative would be to look for courses in these areas and to then contact the profs asking about opportunities. Of course you could take the too but I guess the scholarship wouldn’t apply?

While PF is a great resource, I don’t think we’ll be able to help in this matter.

Does the Erasmus scholarship have anyone you can talk to? Someone familiar with what other students have done in the past? Is there a discussion site where students share their experiences?

Likes Katerina
Look at Anton Pannekoek Institute (astronomy/astrophysics), Nikhef (they have both computation and astroparticle research) and CWI (computational science, informatics, mathematics)

Likes Katerina
Valeriia Lukashenko said:
Look at Anton Pannekoek Institute (astronomy/astrophysics), Nikhef (they have both computation and astroparticle research) and CWI (computational science, informatics, mathematics)
jedishrfu said:
I think your best bet is to scour the web looking for internships or summer programs in those areas. I would also poke around the school departments asking profs, looking at bulletin boards etc.

One thing to be aware of is that students usually do this search starting in January as doing it now may be too late.

An alternative would be to look for courses in these areas and to then contact the profs asking about opportunities. Of course you could take the too but I guess the scholarship wouldn’t apply?

While PF is a great resource, I don’t think we’ll be able to help in this matter.

Does the Erasmus scholarship have anyone you can talk to? Someone familiar with what other students have done in the past? Is there a discussion site where students share their experiences?
Thank you for your advice!

Valeriia Lukashenko said:
Thank you, you helped me a lot!

1. What is an Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics?

An Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics is a program that allows students to gain hands-on experience in the fields of computational physics and astrophysics through an internship in a European country. It is part of the Erasmus+ program, which aims to enhance international cooperation and promote learning opportunities for students.

2. Who is eligible for an Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics?

Eligibility for this program varies depending on the specific requirements of the institution offering the internship. Generally, students who are enrolled in a higher education institution and have a background in physics or a related field are eligible. Some institutions may also have specific requirements for language proficiency and academic performance.

3. How long does an Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics last?

The duration of an Erasmus Internship can range from 2 months to 12 months, depending on the agreement between the sending and receiving institutions. However, the average duration is usually around 4-6 months. Students can also apply for a shorter or longer duration, depending on their needs and the availability of the internship.

4. Is it possible to receive financial support during an Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics?

Yes, students participating in the Erasmus+ program can receive financial support to help cover travel and living expenses during their internship. The amount of financial support varies depending on the country of destination and the duration of the internship. Students should check with their sending institution for more information on the financial support available.

5. Are there any language requirements for an Erasmus Internship in Europe for Computational Physics & Astrophysics?

The language requirements for an Erasmus Internship depend on the specific institution offering the internship. Some institutions may require a certain level of proficiency in the language of the host country, while others may offer internships in English. It is important for students to check the language requirements before applying for an internship.