Find S/E in Filtres & OPAMP Circuits: A Complex Schema

• Thread starter ace130
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Amp Opamp
In summary, this is a circuit that is used to filter out certain frequencies. The schema is complex, and requires the use of impedance measurements in series or parallel to find the function S/E.
ace130
So this is the circuit of a filtre and it's complex schema :

x7TeCWd.jpg

The question was find the fonction S/E .In order to find S/E , I had to sum up impedances in serie or parallel, for example R2 and Z2 have the same current so we put R2+Z2=Z', but can I sum Z1+Z' ? since they have different current and voltage,The rule says that serie means same current and parallel means same voltage .
My first attempt is to consider Z1 and Z' are in parallel but the result was weird.
I want to know if that green statement is correct , and if you wish you can give me a hint or solution the find S/E.

Attachments

• x7TeCWd.jpg
    x7TeCWd.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 555
Physics news on Phys.org
(1) The green statement is correct.
(2) Assuming no current flows out of S, then you are correct that R2 and Z2 are in series.
(3) The correct next step is to consider Z1 and Z'=R2+Z2 in parallel. What was "weird" about this?
(4) Do you then see how to incorporate R1?

I'm a little confused, here is my friend attempt (E=Ve, S=Vs , Z'=Zeq1) , considering that his part 2 is correct , so the voltage at Z1(Zc1) is V1 , but the voltage at Z' is obviously V1-S

Gw5GmBG.jpg

Attachments

• Gw5GmBG.jpg
    Gw5GmBG.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 663
ace130 said:
I'm a little confused, here is my friend attempt (E=Ve, S=Vs , Z'=Zeq1) , considering that his part 2 is correct , so the voltage at Z1(Zc1) is V1 , but the voltage at Z' is obviously V1-S

View attachment 219463
not quite.
R2 and Z2 are in series. so Zeq(1) will be R2 + Z2, note the other end of Zeq(1) has to be tied to ground.

By doing this you "lose" your Vs node. You will have to resolve for this later.

Then Zeq(1) is in parallel with Z2, the combo of which is in series with R1. You should then be able to use ohms law to find Ie = Ve / (R1 + (Zeq || Z2)). You then solve for the current through Zeq, and go from there!

note: there are other easier ways to solve this, but you likely have not learned them yet.

well, I knew that Vs would cause problems when adding R2 and Z2 , so I tried to find E/S without sum up any component , instead I wrote E/S= (V1/S)*(E/V1) and calculate each expression , it takes more time but the result seems to be more convenient , the problem is I can't find a "stable" solution , I don't know which method is correct

ace130 said:
instead I wrote E/S= (V1/S)*(E/V1)

that is not a true statement though. where did you get it?

DO you know what a voltage divider is?

donpacino said:
that is not a true statement though. where did you get it?

DO you know what a voltage divider is?
It is ! it's simple math ? I just inverse it , because I'm using a Right-to-left Keyboard... my bad
SGHzRVM.jpg

Attachments

• SGHzRVM.jpg
    SGHzRVM.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 201

1. What is the purpose of finding S/E in filters and opamp circuits?

The purpose of finding S/E (sensitivity and error) in filters and opamp circuits is to assess the performance and stability of the circuit. This information is crucial in designing efficient and reliable circuits for various applications.

2. How do you calculate sensitivity in filters and opamp circuits?

Sensitivity is calculated by taking the partial derivative of the output voltage with respect to the input voltage. This value represents how much the output voltage changes in response to a small change in the input voltage.

3. What factors affect the sensitivity and error in filters and opamp circuits?

The sensitivity and error in filters and opamp circuits can be affected by various factors such as component tolerances, parasitic capacitances and resistances, and external noise sources. The circuit design and layout also play a significant role in determining these parameters.

4. Why is it important to minimize sensitivity and error in filters and opamp circuits?

Minimizing sensitivity and error in filters and opamp circuits is essential to ensure the accuracy and stability of the circuit. High sensitivity and error can lead to unwanted variations in the output voltage, resulting in unreliable performance and malfunctioning of the circuit.

5. How can you improve the S/E in filters and opamp circuits?

To improve the S/E in filters and opamp circuits, you can use precision components with low tolerances, minimize parasitic effects through proper circuit layout and shielding, and implement noise reduction techniques such as filtering and grounding. It is also crucial to carefully select and design the circuit to minimize the impact of external noise sources.