Find Speed of 65kg Diver Diving off 10m Tower

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amelina Yoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    speed
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Amelina Yoo
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


65kg diver dives off 10m tower. What is the divers speed on hitting the water?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I am not sure where to start. When I solve for one variable using an equation, I find that there is a variable within that equation that is yet to be found.

Thank you for any help :-)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Amelina Yoo said:

Homework Statement


65kg diver dives off 10m tower. What is the divers speed on hitting the water?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution


I am not sure where to start. When I solve for one variable using an equation, I find that there is a variable within that equation that is yet to be found.

Thank you for any help :-)
Instead of worrying about extraneous variables, concentrate on what equation you would use to calculate the speed of the diver after he falls 10 m.

You know, something involving gravity and distance traveled.