Finding the Range of Graphs: f(x) = ex2 and g(x) = x2 + 3ex2

  • Thread starter Thread starter jsmith613
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Graphs Range
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
jsmith613
Messages
609
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


f(x) = ex2
find the range of f(x)
How do I do this - I don't know how to draw this graph?g(x) = x2 + 3ex2
Again, how is this done without drawing the graph?

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


so for the first graph, for example, I differentiated it
dy/dx for f(x) = 2xex2
Giving a min. point of 0
BUT THE ANSWER IS f(x) ≥1
Why does the min point method not work?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
oh of course, I found the x-value that gives the min. point
so I sub this into the original equation
never mind :)