Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Flat plate in tension test

  1. Dec 9, 2009 #1
    I was wondering what equiptment would be best suited to using multiple strian gauges on specific points on a flat steel plate with a central hole in tension. What is the simplest experimental set-up to obtain reading from the gauges?

    Any points/links would be appreciated.
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 24, 2010 #2
    may be,or more likely,an exteniometer/or a deflectometer
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Similar Discussions: Flat plate in tension test
  1. Rockwell test (Replies: 2)

  2. Ballistics test (Replies: 2)

  3. Tensile test (Replies: 4)

  4. Tensile test (Replies: 2)