For what finite value of x is the electric field zero?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Calcguy
Messages
2
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A charge +q is at the origin. A charge -2q is at x = 1.60 m on the +x axis.
(a) For what finite value of x is the electric field zero?

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


I got -3.2m, but its wrong.

HELP!
 
Physics news on Phys.org


Calcguy said:

Homework Statement


A charge +q is at the origin. A charge -2q is at x = 1.60 m on the +x axis.
(a) For what finite value of x is the electric field zero?

Homework Equations


The Attempt at a Solution


I got -3.2m, but its wrong.

HELP!

Why don't you show the equation that gave that to you? I think there is just a simple mistake.