Fundamental Principles of Classical Mechanics - Kai S. Lam

Hello all,

I'm currently taking an upper undergraduate two part Mechanics course using the above mentioned book by its author.

He's a great professor and I was wondering if anyone else has checked out this book? It's very math heavy and I'm struggling with some of the language since I haven't been exposed much to group theory, differential geometry... The book is pretty turse, but that is probably a strength to those stronger in math. Let me know any thoughts. I could ask the author if I could post the first chapter here if people would like. :D

I think the more advanced people would love this book.

Likes Joker93

Answers and Replies

Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

Hello all,

I'm currently taking an upper undergraduate two part Mechanics course using the above mentioned book by its author.

He's a great professor and I was wondering if anyone else has checked out this book? It's very math heavy and I'm struggling with some of the language since I haven't been exposed much to group theory, differential geometry... The book is pretty turse, but that is probably a strength to those stronger in math. Let me know any thoughts. I could ask the author if I could post the first chapter here if people would like. :D

I think the more advanced people would love this book.
Hello, I also want to check that book out. I find it very interesting. Would you be willing to post the first chapter here or maybe email it to me please?