Fundamental Principles of Classical Mechanics - Kai S. Lam

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
DrPapper
Messages
48
Reaction score
9
Hello all,

I'm currently taking an upper undergraduate two part Mechanics course using the above mentioned book by its author.

He's a great professor and I was wondering if anyone else has checked out this book? It's very math heavy and I'm struggling with some of the language since I haven't been exposed much to group theory, differential geometry... The book is pretty turse, but that is probably a strength to those stronger in math. Let me know any thoughts. I could ask the author if I could post the first chapter here if people would like. :D

I think the more advanced people would love this book.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Joker93
Physics news on Phys.org
DrPapper said:
Hello all,

I'm currently taking an upper undergraduate two part Mechanics course using the above mentioned book by its author.

He's a great professor and I was wondering if anyone else has checked out this book? It's very math heavy and I'm struggling with some of the language since I haven't been exposed much to group theory, differential geometry... The book is pretty turse, but that is probably a strength to those stronger in math. Let me know any thoughts. I could ask the author if I could post the first chapter here if people would like. :D

I think the more advanced people would love this book.
Hello, I also want to check that book out. I find it very interesting. Would you be willing to post the first chapter here or maybe email it to me please?