Good equation for calculating RPM of a wheel?

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Uncommon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rpm Wheel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 1K views
Uncommon
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello,

I am a programmer and I would need an equation to determine the RPM of a wheel.
  1. First I select a point in the wheel.
  2. Then I measure the time it takes for the wheel to spin arround once.
  3. This would give me the results.
What would be a good equation for this?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Uncommon said:
Hello,

I am a programmer and I would need an equation to determine the RPM of a wheel.
  1. First I select a point in the wheel.
  2. Then I measure the time it takes for the wheel to spin arround once.
  3. This would give me the results.
What would be a good equation for this?
Just divide that into 60.
 
Uncommon said:
I am a programmer and I would need an equation to determine the RPM of a wheel.
Do you know what "RPM" stands for? It basically tells you the equation.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters