Can You Bring the Laughs? GURU Awards Approaching!

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the upcoming Guru Awards and the lack of humor among members. There were suggestions for more fun and frivolity, and some members even offered to bribe others for nominations. The topic of humor and whether it is innate or influenced by environment was also discussed. Some members were serious about the awards, while others joked about it. In the end, there were mentions of strong contenders for the Funniest Member Award and a humorous reference to a survey on how people spend their time.
It seems to be a bit warm in here. :blushing:

I think pattylou may be a contender as well now. I knew there was a reason I didn't care much for ironing and doing laundry...it's too distracting from more important things. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy takes out his phone and calls the emergency services.
He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gunshot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

Do I get a nomination?

After all this is officially the worlds funniest joke (all be it not mine!)
[URL="http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/10/03/joke.funniest/ " ]My joke[/URL]

Oh and I like to vacuum in the nude. I would like to iron in the nude too, but I decided it's better to wear my wide leather tool belt when ironing. :wink:
Now, where can I deliver that chocolate, P-E-R-S-O-N-A-L-L-Y? :wink: :wink: nudge-nudge, say no more, say no more.

(Love that joke zanazzi78):rofl:

zanazzi78 said:
After all this is officially the worlds funniest joke (all be it not mine!)
[URL="http://archives.cnn.com/2002/TECH/science/10/03/joke.funniest/ " ]My joke[/URL]

You do realize that "be funny" to the mods means $$$$ donations

Pengwuino said:
I'm going to try an even newer method.
I'll kill every other candidate
Ooooo evo gave me a private message :!) :!) :!) :!)
Think this race is already over

Probably to ban you :tongue2: for threatening to kill all of us.

Jameson said:
Probably to ban you :tongue2: for threatening to kill all of us.

Oh don't worry, I'm too lazy to do anything like that.

°o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o°

I bet there is some subliminal mouse music involved here. :biggrin:

I don't see how penqwuino could lose. Look at his terrible grammar and his silly arguments in the politics forum. He is hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mattmns said:
I don't see how penqwuino could lose. Look at his terrible grammar and his silly arguments in the politics forum. He is hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I live to serrve

Moonbear said:
I think pattylou may be a contender as well now.
(Still in British accent mode) And for the gents, should any require my services, I'll slip on a saucy little French Maid outfit that I keep for just such an occasion.

pattylou said:
(Still in British accent mode) And for the gents, should any require my services, I'll slip on a saucy little French Maid outfit that I keep for just such an occasion.

And here I am handing out chocolates to mods?

Wait... are there more male or female mods.

You cad.

I was referring to tidying up their flats.:wink:

http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000003/15025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
pattylou said:
You cad.

And you think a clean house will beat out chocolates and cold hard cash?

pattylou said:
Hmmmppphhh... :grumpy:
My respect ie: lust for you just went down a notch.

I propose a Darwin guru award. No contenders yet, but I can think of a few folks who should take a shot at it (so to speak). :biggrin:

SpaceTiger said:
I propose a Darwin guru award. No contenders yet, but I can think of a few folks who should take a shot at it (so to speak). :biggrin:

Now that's just mean...

so who here wants to help me with my gasoline cooled liquid fuel rocket?

Pengwuino said:
And you think a clean house will beat out chocolates and cold hard cash?
Well, considering the table she posted earlier indicating that cleaning the house seems to be taking time away from orgasms (it's fun to misinterpret data, isn't it?), I think having someone else clean the house is a great idea. More time for eating chocolate too. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Well, considering the table she posted earlier indicating that cleaning the house seems to be taking time away from orgasms (it's fun to misinterpret data, isn't it?), I think having someone else clean the house is a great idea. More time for eating chocolate too. :biggrin:
artman said:
Oh and I like to vacuum in the nude. I would like to iron in the nude too, but I decided it's better to wear my wide leather tool belt when ironing.
Now, where can I deliver that chocolate, P-E-R-S-O-N-A-L-L-Y? nudge-nudge, say no more, say no more.
Know what I mean, know what I mean? :wink:

If Zooby doesn't win 'funniest', the accolade will have no meaning.

What are the other awards?

Could use the member photo thread as the basis for phwoarest (male and female). How about a 'nicest'? People don't get told they're nice much.

Cutest! Not physically cute, just members that make you go "ahhh, look at him/her". Maybe that could be a bit patronizing.

I think Evo's nominated me for 'most meaningless' and 'absurd'... I hope I get the latter if anything.

I'm just waiting for the battle for the Strangest Canadian Guru Award. I ordered plenty of maple leaf thongs, pudding, and clothespins, and a fresh batch of rubber chickens are on their way (I know no one wants to get near Danger's old one :eek:).

(Oh, FYI: before any of you guys embarrass yourselves, the maple leaf goes in front. :wink:)

Last edited:
Biggest maple leaf award?

El Hombre Invisible said:
Biggest maple leaf award?
Sounds good. I volunteer to be a judge.

honestrosewater said:
Sounds good. I volunteer to be a judge.
I hope you're not too honest, Honest.

We're making award suggestions, right? I'm awfully new here, so some of mine might be already-existing awards, so feel free to smack me upside the head if necessary.

Most Wanted (I just think it'd be funny, could be taken either way)
Most Innocent (in a cute way)
Most Sympathetic
Highly Respected
Brutally Honest
Super Sweet (for the nice-person one)
Most Posts (getting desperate...)
Original Thread Master (I really should stop...)
Most Amusing
Most Unusual

Okay, okay, I'll stop.

Niode said:
We're making award suggestions, right? I'm awfully new here, so some of mine might be already-existing awards, so feel free to smack me upside the head if necessary.
Most Wanted (I just think it'd be funny, could be taken either way)
Most Innocent (in a cute way)
Most Sympathetic
Highly Respected
Brutally Honest
Super Sweet (for the nice-person one)
Most Posts (getting desperate...)
Original Thread Master (I really should stop...)
Most Amusing
Most Unusual
Okay, okay, I'll stop.
We get the hint, self-proclaimed "Most Ideas" nominee. No, I think the awards are set. There's several science-specific ones, and a few 'good chap' types.

Huh? I'm not going for a nominee. I just joined, remember? I'm just throwin' stuff around to see if anyone likes them, that's all.

Niode said:
Huh? I'm not going for a nominee. I just joined, remember? I'm just throwin' stuff around to see if anyone likes them, that's all.
Relax, my friend, relax. I was jesting.

The sisterhood is still accepting applications for the "Guys of PF" calendar. Now is the time to submit those photos for the 2006 calendar!

Relax, my friend, relax. I was jesting.

Sorry. . . I wasn't too sure. :blushing:

Evo said:
The sisterhood is still accepting applications for the "Guys of PF" calendar. Now is the time to submit those photos for the 2006 calendar!
But until HRW sends us those maple leaves... I mean, we'd be... it wouldn't be... Gosh!

But until HRW sends us those maple leaves... I mean, we'd be... it wouldn't be... Gosh!
Oh my. A flock of seagulls just flew in the window and carried all of the maple leaf thongs away... and burned them... and buried the ashes. Put me down for a dozen calendars. :cool:

honestrosewater said:
Oh my. A flock of seagulls just flew in the window and carried all of the maple leaf thongs away... and burned them... and buried the ashes. Put me down for a dozen calendars. :cool:
Yeah, you'll need quite a few for the summer when the light shining through the magnifying glass sets the calendar alight. Ahem. Not speaking for myself.

And the PF babes calendar? Do we have volunteers?

I'm paranoid about having my pictures online. If someone made an edit to my face or something, I'd probably do it.

And the PF babes calendar? Do we have volunteers?
This place is run by the PF Sisterhood...aka..."Nuns with Guns". There will be no "PF Babes" Calendar. :grumpy:

The Sisterhood makes the rules.

Send pictures. :tongue2:

HRW - great job with the trained seagulls :approve:

We get the hint, self-proclaimed "Most Ideas" nominee. No, I think the awards are set. There's several science-specific ones, and a few 'good chap' types.
So, even the guy with the Spanish Moniker is effecting an English accent. :grumpy:

evo said:
I suppose some tasteful shots of me ironing in my toolbelt. :wink: